Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Carlos Fisher ready yet?

Re: The Official Carlos Fisher Thread

Fisher is definitely getting my attention with his great start to 09. But on the "Reds young reliever" depth chart I'd still put him behind Bray, Herrera, and Roenicke (the first two are also younger than Fisher). It's not hard to see all four of those guys having success in MLB - which as someone else pointed out, makes it hard to understand why the Reds have so much money already committed to the 2010 bullpen. Nonetheless, I am pretty happy with the future of the Reds pitching staff.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

If a Lincoln or Massett were to be replaced, Fisher might be the one to replace them. Fisher's a multi-inning guy, more ground balls, longer stints. Fisher would benefit from good infield defense, he has definite ground ball tendencies.
    You make a great point. Perhaps the only pitcher in the organization with better ground ball tendencies is Derik Lutz. There are times when you need a K and times when you need a ground ball. I like Fisher as the guy who relieves in the 6th or 7th when the starter suddenly loses it and puts one or two men on base to start an inning. It seems to me that Fisher goes very will with the type of ball club WJ seems to be trying to build.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Perhaps the only pitcher in the organization with better ground ball tendencies is Derik Lutz.
    Dallas Buck says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    Fisher is definitely getting my attention with his great start to 09. But on the "Reds young reliever" depth chart I'd still put him behind Bray, Herrera, and Roenicke (the first two are also younger than Fisher). It's not hard to see all four of those guys having success in MLB - which as someone else pointed out, makes it hard to understand why the Reds have so much money already committed to the 2010 bullpen. Nonetheless, I am pretty happy with the future of the Reds pitching staff.
    Bray has to prove he is healthy. I have a feeling that if he continues to have arm issues, he will be cut when he is out of options. I also wonder about Herrera's shelf life. Come mid June will he be able to face teams who have already seen him? If he gets behind in the count he is not a good pitcher. Roenicke is probably the first right hander up. If Weathers or Lincoln go down he will be the first one to be called up. Fisher would probably be the next in line. I don't see Roenicke or Fisher being called up if Rhodes or Herrera go down.

Turn Off Ads?