Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of Yorman Rodriguez

Re: Video of Yorman Rodriguez

I fully expect him to fill out after coming over to the US and being on a good nutrition plan and a good workout routine.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    How do you see him filling out physically in five years? Will he add bulk or stay with his lean muscle he has now???
    Well I think he will always been the lean guy but he will get bigger also. If that makes sense.

Kevin Goldstein had a small piece on Yorman Rodriguez today in his minor league update. He says Yorman is as good as advertised and refers to him as a true five-tool athlete with plenty of power potential and tremendous speed. He also says Yorman is already one of the top prospects in the Reds system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    He also says Yorman is already one of the top prospects in the Reds system.
    I had him ranked 7th in my midseason Top 10 that came out last week. After getting a report on him two days ago, I feel like I really underrated him.

I feel like I really underrated him.
    You did.

Yorman > Duran

Why do we have to compare the two? I'm extremely happy that we have both Yorman and Duran.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    You did.

Yorman > Duran
    Midseason Top 10: Yorman 7. Duran unranked.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Why do we have to compare the two? I'm extremely happy that we have both Yorman and Duran.
    How long have you been posting here?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I just hope he stops getting taller, how many outfielders, let alone position players that are taller than 6'6"...he is projected as an OFer correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jfleur87 View Post
    I just hope he stops getting taller, how many outfielders, let alone position players that are taller than 6'6"...he is projected as an OFer correct?
    Hes projected as a centerfielder.

To be fair, how many people are taller than 6'6"?

Yorman is 6'3" and projects as a center fielder. Duran is 6'6" and projects as a right fielder.

Yeah I think you are confusing the two. Duran is the taller guy, but I think you point is spot on in that hopefully he does not continue to grow. There are not a lot successful everyday players that are 6'6 or taller. I think their strikezone becomes to big.

I have concerns about Duran anyway, when I saw his, size, age, country of origin and scouting reports I immediately thought of one time Dodger super prospect Joel Guzman. He was a 6'6, 16 year old Domican, with plus plus raw power that signed for huge money. It might have been a record at the time. The crazy thing was he played most of his minor league career as a SS if you can belive that. Never hit though. I think he is in the TB organization now.

I found this quote on John Fay's blog:

wow I guess Yorman Rodriguez is something special.. I have talked to several people who have been to a lot of Billings games.. they say he is one of the best players they have seen in Billings EVER.. and we all know the laundry list of major leaguers that have started in Billings.. including Jay Bruce and Joey Votto

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

too bad Billings is on the other side of the damn world.

Turn Off Ads?