Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Adam Rosales be brought up to the Reds?

Should Adam Rosales be brought up to the Reds?

Please use this thread for any discussion relating to Adam Rosales.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Official Adam Rosales Thread

another home run. Rosales is turning it on. What's in his future?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mary View Post
    another home run. Rosales is turning it on. What's in his future?
    Hopefully Cincinnati sometime soon.

Rosales is playing third at Louisville. Edwin may or may not make it as a third baseman.I'd like to know how his defense is at third, because I'm hoping he could start at third next year. He may be more than a bench player.

Defensively, he's not horrible. Quick to the ball, good baseball IQ, and a very good arm. His bat isn't horrid either. He's a nice chip to have, really. A decent prospect likely to put up league average numbers at the hot corner.

As a supersub, a la Tony Phillips from 15 or twenty years ago, Rosales would shine, IMO. He's got a great bat for SS or 2B, but questionable range. That would play as a stop-gap or in an offense that struggles to score runs.

I could imagine him in Cincinnati as part of a semi-platoon at SS, 3B, 2B, and 1B, getting 350 or so at-bats with league average or slightly better offense.

He's basically Keppinger with a better arm and range.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Defensively, he's not horrible.
    So you're saying he'll fit right in?

He's a good guy to have due to his versatility because his bat is only average. Last year, he walked only 23 times in 503 plate appearances, so he's not someone I would count on as an everyday player.

BAKER ON ROSALES:Adam Rosales is hitting .387 with four home runs at Louisville. The Reds are struggling as a team as far as hitting. Is it time to consider calling up Rosales?

"Where would he play?" Baker said. "Plus, he's down there to improve his game. Hitting is only one part. . . He's doing what we think is best for him.

"He'll be here. I told him to slow down the game. I don't want him to slow but slow down the game."

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

I saw Rosales playing 2B not long ago and thought he looked a little uncomfortable. It seems to me that the Reds are trying to increase his versatility by making him more than just a corner player.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    BAKER ON ROSALES:Adam Rosales is hitting .387 with four home runs at Louisville. The Reds are struggling as a team as far as hitting. Is it time to consider calling up Rosales?

"Where would he play?" Baker said. "Plus, he's down there to improve his game. Hitting is only one part. . . He's doing what we think is best for him.

"He'll be here. I told him to slow down the game. I don't want him to slow but slow down the game."

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com
    heh I dont know maybe anywhere you need him to?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    He's a good guy to have due to his versatility because his bat is only average. Last year, he walked only 23 times in 503 plate appearances, so he's not someone I would count on as an everyday player.
    He did walk 68 times the year before that though,

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Defensively, he's not horrible. Quick to the ball, good baseball IQ, and a very good arm. His bat isn't horrid either. He's a nice chip to have, really. A decent prospect likely to put up league average numbers at the hot corner.

As a supersub, a la Tony Phillips from 15 or twenty years ago, Rosales would shine, IMO. He's got a great bat for SS or 2B, but questionable range. That would play as a stop-gap or in an offense that struggles to score runs.

I could imagine him in Cincinnati as part of a semi-platoon at SS, 3B, 2B, and 1B, getting 350 or so at-bats with league average or slightly better offense.

He's basically Keppinger with a better arm and range.
    I feel like the Reds now have three of these exact players in Louisville- Rosales, Valaika, and now Sutton. All three of them can play passable defense at almost any position, and all three of them are older prospects that have proven they can rake in the minor leagues. One of them will probably be packaged in a trade sometime this year, and the other two should play well in a utility role for years to come.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I feel like the Reds now have three of these exact players in Louisville- Rosales, Valaika, and now Sutton. All three of them can play passable defense at almost any position, and all three of them are older prospects that have proven they can rake in the minor leagues. One of them will probably be packaged in a trade sometime this year, and the other two should play well in a utility role for years to come.
    Agree.

Sutton is a switch hitter who hits better from the left side. Since EdE and Phillips are right handed, he's a logical fit on the roster.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Thats a good point, but really I'd like to see them both on the roster. The reds have 2 guys with virtually the same skill set at ss with Janish and Gonzalez, they also have Hairston and McDonald in the outfield who mirror each other although Hairston is more proven. If they sent down either Janish or cut Gonzo and then sent down McDonald and called up Rosales and Sutton they would add two guys with more pop, a little speed and plenty of versatility in the infield.

There are a lot of "doubles" in the organization:

CF Heisey/ Stubbs
    OF Cumberland/ Henry
    3B Francisco/ Soto
    1B Alonso/ Votto
    LF Frazier/ Dorn
    MI Sutton/ Valaika
    SS Cozart/ Janish

On another note, I (again) saw Valaika play Sunday and his glove is more than capable. (Again.) Why anyone would insist he can't play SS is beyond me. He made a play in the hole that only true SS can make, ranging far to his backhand side, then rifling a throw to nip Andrew McCoutchen (IIRC). Maybe Janish makes the same play, maybe Cozart.

Gonzalez doesn't, for sure.

Valaika is a true SS, friends and neighbors.

Turn Off Ads?