Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Florida Marlins are playing some ball!

The Florida Marlins are playing some ball!

9-1 after tonight.

I'd love to see them win the division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: The Florida Marlins are playing some ball!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    9-1 after tonight.

I'd love to see them win the division.
    Sure, Fish 1, Phils 2, or vice versa.

Whatever keeps the Mets out of the playoffs, which as history has recently shown us will be the Mets themselves.

Seattle is playing well too. If my Redlegs can't be in it, and I hope they are, it would be great to see the Mariners and Marilins duking it out in the Fall Classic.

We are though only about 1/20th of the way into the season.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Marlins/Padres NLCS

I bet them at 35-1 before the season started to win it all. They've got some pitching, and a young firey lineup. Also bet the Dodgers at 20-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I bet them at 35-1 before the season started to win it all. They've got some pitching, and a young firey lineup. Also bet the Dodgers at 20-1.
    The Dodgers at 20-1 is a steal. They have some extra cash, so if they are in it, they won't hesitate to pickup that big piece.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Marlins won it in 1997.... Marlins won it in 2003.... And now it's 2009. Anyone else sense a trend?

yea, we're pretty good

it's been fun so far
    woo woo woo, you know it

I love the Fish. As a new resident of South Florida, I'm officially adopting them as my second team. As of now. I had been considering it all of last year--went to two games at Dolphin Stadium--and now it is official. The only time I will root against the Marlins is when they are playing against the Reds--or when their games otherwise impact the home team's playoff hopes. That is all. Thanks for reading.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Turn Off Ads?