Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportscenter

Re: Sportscenter

True--maybe "selling out" is the wrong description. I suppose I just don't like how Hollywood the entire station has become. JT represents the mega-celebrity set and has nothing at all to do with sports (other than being a good golfer). ESPN is in it for the personality, not the sports.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I did like Snoop doing hte top 10 plays of the day the other day. Also love their college hoops coverage during the season, but I am a UNC fan, so guess I should like it. Baseball coverage can def use some work, but Gammons is still one of the best around imo with his insight. If the Reds (or other small market teams) start playing better, they will get more coverage they deserve.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

MLB Network should throw the bank and pry Gammons, Kurkijen and/or Olney from ESPN. That would improve an already great MLB Network.

"You're with me, Leather."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    MLB Network should throw the bank and pry Gammons, Kurkijen and/or Olney from ESPN. That would improve an already great MLB Network.

"You're with me, Leather."
    I wouldn't mind seeing them get Olney, but let ESPN keep the rest.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing them get Olney, but let ESPN keep the rest.

Ever since I heard Gammons is abig Pearl Jam fan, I was pro-Gammons (I'm a HUGE PJ fan.)

And how can you not like TIMAY Kurkijen?

hate espn..mlb channel

Ever since I heard Gammons is abig Pearl Jam fan, I was pro-Gammons (I'm a HUGE PJ fan.)

And how can you not like TIMAY Kurkijen?
    Gammons is an awesome guy, and one of the most knowedgable baseball people I have ever met. Didn't know that about P.J. though!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I still watch Sportcenter here and there, it's convenient so yea wutever

Here are the 2 biggest problems I have with SportsCenter.

1. If the Reds do get a win, they barely show Reds highlights (they mainly show the other teams highlights), for example:

Lance Berkman with a giant homerun, some celebrity in attendance, oh yeah...Reds win 15-2. Wait...no Reds highlights, and then 2 seconds worth of a box score on the screen before Stu Scott says hugs and handpounds, or Kenny Mayne shows up with another bad show idea. (By the way, that is not game highlight portion taken from ESPN, just made it up to go along with my assertion)

2. (And this doesn't have anything to do with the Reds) Why do the sportscasters on ESPN(present, not past) give away the end of the play on a highlight 10 seconds before it is over. They will run a clip of an at-bat that ends in a home-run and say it is a home run before they start, and then run what could have been a suspenseful clip. They do the same thing on plays in the field too(ie close plays at home plate, etc.). Maybe it is just me on this one though.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

I just get tired of hearing Gammons throw a ton of "rumors" out there. It's gotten to the point that if the source of a rumor is Gammons I discount it from the get go. If he would stick to just analysis of the game and players, I would agree he is very good at that and I do enjoy that part of his reporting.

I think sometimes though he likes throwing the juicy rumor out there to show how much of an "insider" he is, and more often then not he ends up looking like a fool.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    I just get tired of hearing Gammons throw a ton of "rumors" out there. It's gotten to the point that if the source of a rumor is Gammons I discount it from the get go. If he would stick to just analysis of the game and players, I would agree he is very good at that and I do enjoy that part of his reporting.

I think sometimes though he likes throwing the juicy rumor out there to show how much of an "insider" he is, and more often then not he ends up looking like a fool.
    Rumor - noun; 1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts; 2. gossip; hearsay

Why be upset if all the rumors he reports don't happen? That is what rumors are.

ESPN has been dead to me for years.

Chris Berman, Dick Vitale, Stuart Scott, etc are all horrible.

These guys need to realize that the NEWS ought to be the story--not their oversized personalities

Rumor - noun; 1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts; 2. gossip; hearsay

Why be upset if all the rumors he reports don't happen? That is what rumors are.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Same thing happened witht he bengals. Every time bengals were on the clock for the draft. "Well lets take a break for just a moment. We'll be right back"

They did it i know for the 1st three pics. The 3rd time i saw it i lol'd.

I'm so sick of Sportscenter. Especially now with the Manny news. It goes ARod, Manny, Favre, Manny, Arod, NBA Playoffs, Manny, Favre, Arod, random baseball highlight that only includes the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, or Cubs, Top 10, Manny, Arod, Favre. I remember back when you could watch Sportscenter and see all the baseball highlights and talk about what was going on in baseball. I realize they have Baseball Tonight, but its shown only once or twice. MLB Network is definitely the way to go right now.

God help us once McShay and Kiper start their 2010 Mock Drafts here in a week or two...
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

Turn Off Ads?