Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indians just scored 14 runs in 2nd inning

Re: Indians just scored 14 runs in 2nd inning

While I don't get as much pleasure from this as I would if it were the Cubs getting lit up, still, this makes me happy to see

2. Turn Off Ads?

Games like this really wreck Raisor's Theorem Of Baseball. (I'm tired of Pythagoras taking my glory.)

Haunted by walks

Pythagoras is dead. Just throw strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Fox did their "Sounds of the Game" segment, but they did it from the Cardinals dugout at Wrigley. When the 14 was posted for the second inning Brendan Ryan said "Did they run out of 5's or is that a 14?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

The Yankee fans chanting for Swisher was a riot but that Brendan Ryan quote is classic! I may have to use it for my signature here, LOL What an incredible accomplishment for the Indians offense (they nearly hit around the lineup TWICE in that inning! ) and a total meltdown for the Yankee pitcheres. I got home from a baby shower around 6:30 PM and saw the score in the sixth inning but I had no clue they scored 14 of those runs in the SECOND inning off two different Yankee pitchers! That's just hysterical. How many sports writers said the Yankees had strong pitching this year?!?
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Just how much of a "hitter's park" is the new Yankee Stadium going to be? A couple of those HRs did not look like they were exactly crushed but they made it out anyway.

Is this going to be Mile High Stadium East, or is the Yankee pitching that bad (or Indian offense that good)?

I have to think I'd be pretty mad if I paid north of $2600 to see my team get beat down like that. Just for curiosity I went to yankees.com and tried to find tix for today's game. I can get 2 in row 3 pretty near homeplate for $900 each. I think I got a 20 game package to GABP last year for 2 seats for a few hundred less than that.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

I'm loving what this kind of game does for that Indians lineup's stats... especially for the sake of my fantasy team, which somehow ended up with five of 'em (Sizemore, DeRosa, Hafner, Martinez and Peralta). Go Tribe!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Those losers only scored 1 lousy run in the second inning today.

Today's NY Times' story on the game said this was the first time in Yankees history since moving to New York in 1903 that they've allowed this many runs in one inning.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Those losers only scored 1 lousy run in the second inning today.
    Slackers
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?