Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to trade with the Yankees?

Anyone want to trade with the Yankees?

Their bullpen got hammered today. They are in serious need of relief pitching.
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

Re: Anyone want to trade with the Yankees?

Sure, but what are you going to ask for in return? They are remarkably thin with Arod and Nady out despite spending lots of money in the offseason.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Do you think they would throw Wang in on the deal?
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

I don't want Wang
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

We have so many young RP's with upside that I would call them and see if we could work a deal out.

I'm not real up to speed on their system but if they had a SS with a bat I would sniff around.

They have a 22 year old CFer named Austin Jackson in triple AAA, I'd trade for.

Last season batted .285, 33 doubles, 5 triples, 9 HR's, 69 rbi, 19 SB's. He's just turned 22 in February.

Currently hitting .480.

It's something. He only grades out as a "B" prospect: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2008/...kees-top-20-pr

I didn't see any SS's I'd trade for.
    Who's on first?

He sound's like a good target but I would have to think that he would be blocked here by Taveras and then Stubbs. I'm not much of a Stubbs fan but I think the plan that is currently in place is to have Stubbs ready by the end of Taveras' contract.

Also, would the Yanks part with that kid for some middle relievers? I think we'd have to offer something more up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    We have so many young RP's with upside that I would call them and see if we could work a deal out.

I'm not real up to speed on their system but if they had a SS with a bat I would sniff around.

#2?
    A person who knows but a little will put on an air of knowledge. This is a matter of inexperience. When someone knows something well, it will not be seen in his manner. This person is genteel.
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    He sound's like a good target but I would have to think that he would be blocked here by Taveras and then Stubbs. I'm not much of a Stubbs fan but I think the plan that is currently in place is to have Stubbs ready by the end of Taveras' contract.

Also, would the Yanks part with that kid for some middle relievers? I think we'd have to offer something more up.
    I'm in the "Stubbs will never make it to the Bigs" crowd. I just don't see it.

Most of our remaining OF prospects are marginal. Might as well add another to the mix. Plus he's only 22.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I'm in the "Stubbs will never make it to the Bigs" crowd. I just don't see it.

Most of our remaining OF prospects are marginal. Might as well add another to the mix. Plus he's only 22.
    Oh, I agree on on Stubbs, I just don't think the FO would agree with us.

I would be all for upgrading the outfield talent. Especially up the middle.

I couldn't disagree more when it comes to Stubbs. The dude plays GG defense at a premium defensive position, he can run, and he has some pop. He may never be a star, but who woulda thought Dickerson would ever reach the show... Stubbs has the tools that will make him a major leaguer, I just don't know if he'll be the star that people want out of a 1st round pick.
    I know a lot of people are talking about his on-base percentage (.308 in 2008), but I like to think more in terms of him his in-scoring position percentage. - Our Beloved Manager

Sure. I'll trade them Cordero for Cabrera.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I couldn't disagree more when it comes to Stubbs. The dude plays GG defense at a premium defensive position, he can run, and he has some pop. He may never be a star, but who woulda thought Dickerson would ever reach the show... Stubbs has the tools that will make him a major leaguer, I just don't know if he'll be the star that people want out of a 1st round pick.
    That's what I said - Stubbs will be like Dickerson. A 26 year old rookie that plays good defense and is average at the dish.

I wouldn't touch the Yankees for a trade with a 50 foot pole right now.

They have a boatload of switch-hitters in their organization. I'd like to get one of them.

Turn Off Ads?