Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Boo Dusty, Boo!

Boo Dusty, Boo!

I'm not usually one to 2nd guess the manager. I know Dusty Baker knows more about the national pastime than I ever will, but there's no way you can allow Lance Nix to go up there as the tying run in the 7th with 2 men out. Rodriguez has clearly overmatched Nix all night long, it's a lefty versus lefty matchup, and I just don't get the logic there at all.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Boo Dusty, Boo!

Gomes is starting to look reaaaaaaal nice right now. I still can't understand why other guys got a roster spot while Gomes is sitting in Louisville right now.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

Honestly, I would have hit Paul Janish there if I had to. Nix is clearly overmatched on this particular night. He hasn't got good wood on the ball at all. I don't get it. The team is scuffling, it may be the only opportunity you get the rest of the game, and you opt to allow Nix to hit for himself.

Janish should have batted no doubt. Think Dusty!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

You know you have a thin bench when you are cheering for Paul Janish to pinch hit.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I still dont know why Nix is on the team
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    You know you have a thin bench when you are cheering for Paul Janish to pinch hit.
    Janish has done ok this season but your absolutely right.I don't think you can blame Dusty for having a terrible bench and offense for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I still dont know why Nix is on the team
    Or why he would possibly start against a lefty (and K three times) when we won't start Dickerson vs. lefties. Did they "think" that Nix hits major league left hand pitching better than Dickerson?
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by JBChance View Post
    Or why he would possibly start against a lefty (and K three times) when we won't start Dickerson vs. lefties. Did they "think" that Nix hits major league left hand pitching better than Dickerson?
    If I were Dickerson I would be disappointed. Not to repeat what everyone else already said, but when we're arguing over Janish, Nix, McDonald, etc. to play against LHP then your already up that proverbial SOL creek in my opinion.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I felt all spring that Keppinger should be turned into our left fielder against left handed pitching. Would have been nice for that to have been Kepp's spot last night!!

Quote Originally Posted by highheat11 View Post
    Gomes is starting to look reaaaaaaal nice right now. I still can't understand why other guys got a roster spot while Gomes is sitting in Louisville right now.
    His .192 avg. in Louisville disagrees.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

The problem is that our bench is probably the worst in major league baseball. There is no right answer when your choices are Paul Janish and Laynce Nix.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I question the baseball acumen of anyone that thinks Dusty writing the name Janish, Gomes, Dickerson or Nix on one spot of the lineup card would have made a sizeable difference in the game last night.

Bottom line is right now most of the team isn't hitting. I'm not suggesting this is a potent offense, but there is a world of difference between hitting .100 and .250. Once most of the lineup starts to upswing toward their career norms (as bad as those are) a few more runs should score. With our starting pitching potential, I think that should equate to more runs.

The team is 5-5. If someone showed you the teams BA and OPS through ten games and told you the team would be 5-5, I think we would all take that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    The problem is that our bench is probably the worst in major league baseball. There is no right answer when your choices are Paul Janish and Laynce Nix.
    Time has proved that you need a veteran bench in order to win.

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I question the baseball acumen of anyone that thinks Dusty writing the name Janish, Gomes, Dickerson or Nix on one spot of the lineup card would have made a sizeable difference in the game last night.

Bottom line is right now most of the team isn't hitting. I'm not suggesting this is a potent offense, but there is a world of difference between hitting .100 and .250. Once most of the lineup starts to upswing toward their career norms (as bad as those are) a few more runs should score. With our starting pitching potential, I think that should equate to more runs.

The team is 5-5. If someone showed you the teams BA and OPS through ten games and told you the team would be 5-5, I think we would all take that.

Well said
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

Turn Off Ads?