Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 7..you have runners at 1st and 2nd..nobody out

Top 7..you have runners at 1st and 2nd..nobody out

1. Dickerson needs to get the runners over...period.

2. Dusty needs to have Dickerson get the runners over.

3. Votto shouldn't be swinging at 3-0

This lack of fundamental baseball is going to make me old.

If Dickerson moves the runners over...Votto's ground ball may get through...better yet, The Astros may walk Votto to load the bases.

Ugghh.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Top 7..you have runners at 1st and 2nd..nobody out

Good teams don't do this stuff. The Reds do and have for years.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by major harris View Post
    1. Dickerson needs to get the runners over...period.

2. Dusty needs to have Dickerson get the runners over.

This lack of fundamental baseball is going to make me old.

If Dickerson moves the runners over...Votto's ground ball may get through...better yet, The Astros may walk Votto to load the bases.

Ugghh.
    Disagree. Votto is the Reds best hitter. He should have crushed that pitch.......it was fat over the plate. I was disappointed that Joey didn't do more with it. BP and EE were coming up and neither have been hitting well lately. I'd rather take my chances with Joey. Smart managers know these things.
    Who's on first?

I still laugh at the people who think we should trade Yonder since we already have Votto at 1st.

Today's game gave some good reasons as to why Votto should move to the OF with his horrendous error in the 7th and his 3-0 DP in the top of the inning.

Probably the 2 most embarrassing plays so far this year.
    Last edited by DTCromer; 04-19-2009 at 06:07 PM.

"second-guess"--- to criticize or question actions or decisions of (someone) often after the results of those actions or decisions are known.
    Merrian Webster online Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    "second-guess"--- to criticize or question actions or decisions of (someone) often after the results of those actions or decisions are known.
    Merrian Webster online Dictionary
    There's 2nd guessing and then there's hindsight.

I'll second guess Joey's DP all day. If you hit a 3-0 pitch down the middle, it sure as heck better get in the air and not a weak ground ball to the 2nd basemen.

Good thing we only have to worry about it happening in the future because the REDS WON!
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

I agree Joey needs to be taking on that 3-0 pitch - just trying to figure out how that is Dusty's fault? I would think He trust Joey to do what's right and not give him a green light or the take sign. IMO it was probably up to Joey to take or to swing. I have heard announcers often ask in the booth "do you give him the green light here?" Does the manager really give a take or swing sign every 3-0 count? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also would have bunted Dickerson, but we won and it's easy to second guess after the fact. Had Dickerson hit a 3 run homer, I doubt we have such a thread.
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

Joey takes the 3-0 and walks and BP hits into another DP and more second guessing begins.
    Anyone can second guess after the fact.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    I still laugh at the people who think we should trade Yonder since we already have Votto at 1st.

Today's game gave some good reasons as to why Votto should move to the OF with his horrendous error in the 7th and his 3-0 DP in the top of the inning.

How many professional hits does Yonder have? Can we wait until he gets, oh I don't know, at least 100 professional at bats before we go anointing him the first baseman of the future?

And, even with the benefit of hindsight, I have no problem with Votto swinging on 3-0. Too often players take a meatball down the middle. If Votto gets 10 of those down the middle and swings, I like his chances to drive a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by major harris View Post

If Phillips or Bruce or whoevers hitting behind Votto is hitting worth a darn then ya Votto shouldnt be swinging. But Votto is our best hitter period bar none right now and I'd rather go down with him swinging than relying on anyone else on this team right now unless the pitch isnt even close. I was listening to the radio so I don't know how much "fat" it had on it. But Votto getting the green light actually makes more sense to me right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post

Guy makes 1 bad play and does something that Phillips has done how many times before and they were "embarrassing"? Votto just didnt realize how close to 1b he actually was after knocking it down. Everyone has that little "oops" moment in the field. There were bigger errors today than Votto's and not even close. Such as Volquez but we dont see you crapping on him for dropping that one in the 3rd I believe.

Votto can hit period. When you've got a guy up who can hit, a shakey pitcher on the mound, the lefty- righty advantage, and a chance to break the game wide open- damm the torpedos, full speed ahead. If he gets his pitch- swing at it.

If Votto had gotten a hit instead of the ground ball, nobody here would be saying a thing.

Votto can hit period. When you've got a guy up who can hit, a shakey pitcher on the mound, the lefty- righty advantage, and a chance to break the game wide open- damm the torpedos, full speed ahead. If he gets his pitch- swing at it.

If Votto had gotten a hit instead of the ground ball, nobody here would be saying a thing.
    Bingo! And it was a good pitch to hit. Joey just didn't do anything with it.

As for taking a walk..........how do you know the next 3 or 4 pitches wouldn't have been strikes? :thumbdown
    Who's on first?

I dont care if its freaking Dennis Eckersly or Mariano Rivera on the mound 3-0 count, Im telling Votto to swing if he likes it. He's the only guy I would let do that right now.

Turn Off Ads?