Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys think Jay Bruce plays on monday night (tommorrow)?

Re: Do you guys think Jay Bruce plays on monday night (tommorrow)?

Apparently, Hanigan is Arroyo's "Designated Catcher". I can live with that. Dude needs to get his AB"s, and he's decent in the field. Hernandez needs his rest too, but for the Jack we're paying him, he'd better get 75-80% of the starts...

Janish can't do any worse than AGON - at the plate. Let's hope his slick glove-work continues.

McDonald in RF - now that's just a travesty that we have to give starts to this guy.
    Seriously.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Apparently, Hanigan is Arroyo's "Designated Catcher". I can live with that. Dude needs to get his AB"s, and he's decent in the field. Hernandez needs his rest too, but for the Jack we're paying him, he'd better get 75-80% of the starts...

Janish can't do any worse than AGON - at the plate. Let's hope his slick glove-work continues.

McDonald in RF - now that's just a travesty that we have to give starts to this guy.
    Seriously.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Regarding what you said about Ramon.The same can be said about AGON.I think we can all agree not to though.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

You've got to be kidding me now

•Jay Bruce is hopeful that he can return to the lineup on Tuesday at Chicago. He was planning on hitting off of a tee today and is scheduled to do some hand strength tests with strength and conditioning coordinator Matt Krause.

"That's my goal but I can't say definitely," Bruce said about Tuesday. "It's continuing to get better. I'm doing the icing stuff to get it right and get back out there."

Cold, rainy weather in the Chicago forecast and the Cubs pitching staff aren't optimal conditions for a return from this type of injury.

"Aches and pains and Harden, Lilly and Zambrano," manager Dusty Baker said. "I hope so but if not, we'll go with our other dudes. We don't want this to be a chronic thing."

---------------------------------------------------------------

What? A chronic thing? Dusty..... please. What kills me is Dusty played back in an era where guys didn't come out of the lineup. This is getting ridiculous.

Bruce sounds full of it as well. First he was "Definitely" ready by Chicago series. Now he is "Hopeful but can't say for sure". This is just ludicrous. You don't want to play one of your most talented hitters because Chicago is throwing three good pitchers? Why even say something like that?

Dusty needs let go, honestly. Wouldn't surprise me if he was wanting Bruce to sit a little longer so he can get some extra at bats for his boys, his veterans that he seems to favor. I'm so shocked that Daryle Ward and Jacque Jones didn't make this team!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Dusty needs let go, honestly. Wouldn't surprise me if he was wanting Bruce to sit a little longer so he can get some extra at bats for his boys, his veterans that he seems to favor. I'm so shocked that Daryle Ward and Jacque Jones didn't make this team!
    Yes, how dare Dusty bench The Jay Bruce?! Doesn't he know that if The Jay Bruce doesn't get at bats then The Jay Bruce will never come out of his slump? (well, at bats and actually making contact and showing some semblance of an eye at the plate. But that is probably Dusty's fault too.)

And benching The Jay Bruce will surely lead to more at bats for veterans like Janish, Dickerson and McDonald.

(I hope everyone can sense the sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Yes, how dare Dusty bench The Jay Bruce?! Doesn't he know that if The Jay Bruce doesn't get at bats then The Jay Bruce will never come out of his slump? (well, at bats and actually making contact and showing some semblance of an eye at the plate. But that is probably Dusty's fault too.)

And benching The Jay Bruce will surely lead to more at bats for veterans like Janish, Dickerson and McDonald.

(I hope everyone can sense the sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick here.)
    Decent attempt at sarcasm. Poor take though.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Decent attempt at sarcasm. Poor take though.
    Sorry, I guess I shouldn't make jokes at the expense of The Jay Bruce. He is truly beyond reproach.

I feel like the way JayBruce32 feels when he sees the real Jay Bruce out of the lineup is the same way that people feel when their family dog dies.

It's gonna be ok man. Everything will be alright. Bruce will come back and get better. Root for the team no matter whose in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    I feel like the way JayBruce32 feels when he sees the real Jay Bruce out of the lineup is the same way that people feel when their family dog dies.

It's gonna be ok man. Everything will be alright. Bruce will come back and get better. Root for the team no matter whose in the lineup.
    What is it with you Schmidtys?

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...-go-88708.html

According to Hal, Bruce has declared himself good to go for the Chicago series. Jay needs to get himself straightened out quick before he starts pressing to get his groove back. His discipline hasn't been good as he as been chasing too many pitcher's pitches and getting behind early in the count. He needs to start laying off the waste pitches and commanding the strike zone early. Let's hope that he gets it going in Wrigley!
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11 View Post

According to Hal, Bruce has declared himself good to go for the Chicago series. Jay needs to get himself straightened out quick before he starts pressing to get his groove back. His discipline hasn't been good as he as been chasing too many pitcher's pitches and getting behind early in the count. He needs to start laying off the waste pitches and commanding the strike zone early. Let's hope that he gets it going in Wrigley!
    I'd def start him tonight against Harden. I think I might sit him against Lilly though. I'd feel more comfortable with that if we had a righty with some pop like Gomes on the roster to be able to plug in.

"That's my goal but I can't say definitely," Bruce said about Tuesday. "It's continuing to get better. I'm doing the icing stuff to get it right and get back out there."

Cold, rainy weather in the Chicago forecast and the Cubs pitching staff aren't optimal conditions for a return from this type of injury.

"Aches and pains and Harden, Lilly and Zambrano," manager Dusty Baker said. "I hope so but if not, we'll go with our other dudes. We don't want this to be a chronic thing."

!
    This sounds to me like ol' dusty, is using bruces (injury) as an excuse to give Ol'mcdonald his project "dude" More playing time.

However isnt ol'mcdonald batting like .380>?

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11 View Post

Yeah I saw the stuff from Mccoy, but check this out (from Rotoworld):

Bruce (hand/wrist) tested his strength in batting practice before Monday's game, but his status for Tuesday's game in Chicago is uncertain, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

Spin: One mitigating factor working against Bruce is that it's supposed to be a high of 44 in Chicago on Tuesday, with a possible mix of rain and snow. "We'll test his hand strength," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "We'll see . . . We don't want this to be a chronic thing. It's difficult to deal with. I had three hand operations. It's usually something that doesn't heal very quickly. At least they got the swelling out."

I guess we need to wait and see until he's in the lineup tonight..... could be another night off. Man players nowadays are fragile

I think Bruce will be back tonight.If he took BP yesterday he should be able to play today.I hope these few days off can end up being a positive.Having an excuse that's not performance related to sit back and watch things could be good.Hopefully Jay is ready to get back out there and prove these first few weeks was nothing more then a slump.

Willy Taveras cf
    Chris Dickerson lf
    Joey Votto 1b
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Jay Bruce rf
    Edwin Encarnacion 3b
    Ramon Hernandez c
    Alex Gonzalez ss
    Micah Owings p

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Willy Taveras cf
    Chris Dickerson lf
    Joey Votto 1b
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Jay Bruce rf
    Edwin Encarnacion 3b
    Ramon Hernandez c
    Alex Gonzalez ss
    Micah Owings p
    yep.

https://twitter.com/johnfayman/status/1578312282

Turn Off Ads?