Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your 2009 Cincinnati REDS: 4-game series: 10 Runs, 3 Wins.

Your 2009 Cincinnati REDS: 4-game series: 10 Runs, 3 Wins.

'nuf said.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Your 2009 Cincinnati REDS: 4-game series: 10 Runs, 3 Wins.

It was real ugly... but I'll take it.

Some of you might disagree.... and say it was good baseball. Like I said, I'd rather win ugly then lose. I like the fact we're pitching, playing some defense and getting big hits at the right time. Happened in all 3 wins in this series. Houston has been a house of horrors. I am thrilled with this.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Yeah, I agree. Houston has had our number for years. Great to go into their house and give them some heartbreaking losses.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    It was real ugly... but I'll take it.

Some of you might disagree.... and say it was good baseball. Like I said, I'd rather win ugly then lose. I like the fact we're pitching, playing some defense and getting big hits at the right time. Happened in all 3 wins in this series. Houston has been a house of horrors. I am thrilled with this.
    That's exactly the type of team we put together. Our RISP average in the series was good.
    2 RBI's w/ 2 outs for EE tonight. Clutch.

We Need Magglio

Maggz has 4 rbi's on the year.

None of our hitters have caught fire aside from Votto (although Taveras has hit decently).

This trend won't continue.

Hard to watch(tonights game was fun)but I think I can get used to it as long as we keep winning.

2 bunt singles and a sac fly to secure a 1-0 lead going into the 8th. Another 2-out RBI by Votto in the 8th, and an insurance run for Cordero by Bruce in the 9th.

I love these REDS.

I love this type of baseball so much more than that homerun/no defense garbage of before.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having more suicide squeezes this year than at any time over the last 50 years.

Trying tomorrow to do something they haven't done in a few years....win 3 series on one road trip. Harang vs. Zambrano....classic!

Good to see Phillips and Bruce with two hits a piece. If they catch fire, and Votto stays hot, the team could possibly stay in it long enough for the FO to make a move.

Cueto really pitched well, tonight, with the biggest stat being no walks. Hopefully his starts having some consistency, from game to game.

The pitching is key. Our pitching has been good enough to win these close games, save Burton and Lincoln. If Burton can round back into form and we jettison Lincoln, I think the staff has a shot at being exceptional.

A win against Zambrano, tomorrow, would be big - 3 series wins vs. division rivals in one trip. Wow
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Tonight's game was as much of a satisfying win as I can remember in a long time. Little bit of everything. Great defense. Small ball and manufacturing runs. Big home run at the end and another big hit for an insurance run, great pitching. Ahhhh I love it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I know you guys are going to cringe when I say this, because objectively it means nothing, but you have to admit it feels good inside... These guys have been fairly clutch so far! ( I don't remember the last time I said that about a Cincinnati pro sports team!)
    Last edited by brachial pleXUs; 04-23-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: forgot a word

Clutch is a good word to use if you wanted to sum up this offense so far and not sound negative.I'm not sure what the average is with runners in scoring position but I know we're not getting a ton of hits.We aren't scoring a ton of runs either but when we do they have added up enough to get us more wins than losses.

Joey Votto can only hit with men on base. Otherwise, he doesn't hit.

Well if he can keep hitting over .500 with 2 out and at least one on, Im not sure that I care.

Turn Off Ads?