Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud of players; Disappointed in Ownership.....

Proud of players; Disappointed in Ownership.....

7-5............having won 2 road trips. Gotta give it to the players.

If anyone has any griping to do.........do it toward ownership/management. It doesn't take a genius to see what this team needed.......and ownership told us all offseason what they needed to fill, and they didn't.

The offense struggles, and the pitching is pretty good so far. How long before opponents just stop pitching to Votto?
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bleeding Red in the South

Re: Proud of players; Disappointed in Ownership.....

Votto missed the granny by a foot.

Great game all around. Scary 8th, but Cordero is pitching well right now.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I have to agree 1000%

I said it to my roomate tonight.... this team could be so dangerous with another professional hitter or two in the lineup. The players we have are playing hard and they're giving all they have.... but ownership went the cheap route and short changed a group that could win before schedule.

My only hope is the hot start continues, the pitching holds up, and Big Bob wakes up in June and they start going after help by the way of offense. That has been my hope all along. We have to win all we can before the trade deadline and maybe just maybe they'll go and get us some help and add payroll
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

You've got a good point in that they may stop pitching to Votto, but I find hope in the fact that Phillips and/or Bruce may come to life at some point. They can't be as bad as they've been so far. Besides, the pitching is pretty solid all the way around. Every night I feel like we've got a chance to win and that's a good feeling.

We Need Magglio

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    7-5............having won 2 road trips. Gotta give it to the players.

If anyone has any griping to do.........do it toward ownership/management. It doesn't take a genius to see what this team needed.......and ownership told us all offseason what they needed to fill, and they didn't.

The offense struggles, and the pitching is pretty good so far. How long before opponents just stop pitching to Votto?
    Well said.

I'm looking around at the "bad" mlb teams so far for a trading partner. San Fran isn't going anywhere. Aaron Rowand plays CF and turns 32 in late August. He's not a big bat, per se, but he is a career .283 hitter in 8 previous seasons, and has hit 24 and 27 HR's in a couple of those seasons, bearing in mind he's played for lousy teams. Career OBP of .343 and an OPS of .797 (almost .800). Also, he's a righty. I might take a look at him if San Fran is willing for a reasonable return.
    Who's on first?

I still don't understand some of what Dusty does but he deserves some credit as well.

So one of either Jermaine Dye, Bobby Abreu, or some other washed up scrub was going to make this playoff team this year?

I don't care about making the playoffs. I care about winning a world championship. 2010 is the team's year to make a run at a championship. I feel Jocketty rightfully punted on finding a bat to wait for next year to find a legitimate bat in the middle of this order. There wasn't anyone out there to make THAT much of a difference in this year's team.

Not to mention, Jocketty's special is the trade deadline. If we're in it in July, he'll make a nice trade. Trust me.

Our bats will collectively pick up. Phillips and EE can't keep hitting sub .200 and we haven't been hitting homers...things will pick up at the plate...

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    So one of either Jermaine Dye, Bobby Abreu, or some other washed up scrub was going to make this playoff team this year?

I don't care about making the playoffs. I care about winning a world championship. 2010 is the team's year to make a run at a championship. I feel Jocketty rightfully punted on finding a bat to wait for next year to find a legitimate bat in the middle of this order. There wasn't anyone out there to make THAT much of a difference in this year's team.

Not to mention, Jocketty's special is the trade deadline. If we're in it in July, he'll make a nice trade. Trust me.
    I agree somewhat. I really didn't want Abreu, Burrell or Dye. But I was hoping they would make a trade for someone else that would help. Magglio was my first choice.

I still wouldn't mind finding someone now to help out a bit. But it's also more than likely that this poor offense is just an early season slump and some of these bats will wake up soon.
    Who's on first?

They may have not gotten a big bat we need, but the acquisitions of Rhodes and Taveras have been big so far. Now that Taveres is looking like the spark we need at the top, I am sure ownership will start looking for the big bat once teams start to spread out and some are looking to deal. I am glad we didn't get stuck with Jermaine Dye for 10 million or whatever this season only to have it go to the crapper. Now that the change in philosophy is showing some worthiness I expect them to make a push for a big bat. If not, then I will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I agree somewhat. I really didn't want Abreu, Burrell or Dye. But I was hoping they would make a trade for someone else that would help. Magglio was my first choice.

I still wouldn't mind finding someone now to help out a bit. But it's also more than likely that this poor offense is just an early season slump and some of these bats will wake up soon.
    None of those guys were "worth" paying for. I wouldn't mind having Dye or any of those guys, but definitely not worth the money they were commanding.

Not to mention Abreu didn't even want to come here.

Well, if these guys can keep us in contention..........it will certainly make the trading deadline more interesting this year.
    Who's on first?

Hopefully after Bruce wakes up among other things, our success will carry on, and the team will force the hand of management to pick up a run producer in the middle of the line up.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Turn Off Ads?