Thread: Would you trade............?

Would you trade............?

B-Phillips and Bailey to...........

........Texas for Ian Kinsler?

Their starting pitching sucks.
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trade............?

No I wouldn't. The defense model seems to be working, and Kinsler would not fit into that at all.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

He's RH, 26 years old, career .296 hitter, career .365 OBP, career .851 OPS, averaged 20 SB's (caught 8 times in 3 years) over 3 seasons, and about 17 HR's per season, and scored 102 runs last season. Definitely not BP in the field............but definitely far better at the plate. I wonder if he could play 3B? LOL.
    Who's on first?

People want him to play LF in Texas. Still, I don't know if I would move Phillips for him, as he fits the mold of what we're looking for. Plus, I think Texas would want a pitcher.

If that were the case, I'd move a couple their way for him maybe, but nobody like Cueto or Volquez. My offer would be more like Arroyo/Bailey or Thompson.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Even with Phillips off to a terrible start, I'd take him straight up over Kinsler. Even with Phillips not hitting, his range at 2B makes him tough to beat.

I'd go for Colorado's Brad Hawpe.He has a decent contract through 2011.The Rockies might be pretty bad this season and while Hawpe has a manageable contract its still a good chunk of money they're paying him.If they were willing to move him I think the Reds could put together a pretty good package of prospects to get him to Cincinnati without giving up any key guys on the big league team.I'm thinking we would probably have to give up 1 prospect we would all scream about but with that and 2 other mid level prospects a deal could get done.

I don't like suggesting these things because its like a shot in the dark.If the winning keeps up though this is going to be a growing topic here so I figured why not.

Bailey, Thompson, Frazier for Him but not phillips

The Reds would, the Rangers would laugh in your face.

Think of it this way, younger, better contract, better OBP, Better Avg, better ISOp, better wOBA, as good or better on the base paths, with is main draw back being defense.

The interesting part is that his defense problems have nothing to do with range and everything to do with mental lapses and rushing throws.

Why would Texas want to get older and much more expensive just to gain Bailey, who is not really setting the world on fire ans would be 7 or 8th on their SP depth chart

Just wait for Phillips to start hitting. Then this proposition will look stupid...

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

No not at all. Our model is defense first, offense second. BP is a gold glover... that can hit. He will catch fire. I just don't want him batting cleanup.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Dude no way. Bailey and Phillips are going to make us winners. Kinsler isn't as good as Phillips at the plate or in the field.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    B-Phillips and Bailey to...........

........Texas for Ian Kinsler?

Their starting pitching sucks.
    And they would improve that by trading for Homer? Not likely they would see it that way.

I do like the idea of trading him, though, if we can ever get his trade value back up.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Ian Kinsler has worked his way into being one of the top 10 hitters in the league the past couple years...if the rangers would do it i'd take it in a second. Brandon Phillips is maybe my favorite player but he is not the offensive stud that Kinsler is and they could make him an outfielder for all I would care, he's that good at the plate...

I'm with JB Chance on getting that trade value back up and dealing him honestly with Homer.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Kinsler is on his way to being, if not already, the best hitting 2B is MLB. He is up there with the Utleys and Pedroias offensively, if not past them. Take a look at his numbers last year and realize he missed the last month due to injury. Look what he is doing this year already. No way the Rangers make the deal. No way Jocketty embarrasses himself and even offers this trade.

In a heartbeat, but no way Texas would be that stupid.

ONLY if they felt bad about the Hamilton for Volquez trade...

I do like BP - at 2nd base, and batting 6th or 7th.
    He is just sorely mis-cast as the #4 hitter.

I'd rather wait and trade Bailey for a proven big bat/cleanup hitter.
    This, assuming he starts tearing up AAA, which isn't likely.
    I still think he should be here in the ML pen. He could get some good stints in long relief here and the occasional spot start when someone needs a break from the rotation. I don't think he's ready for ML starting gig just yet, so he needs eased into being exposed to ML hitters. IMO, the second time through a ML lineup is when he falls apart.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?