Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Prediction

Reds1990

Prediction

Paul Janish will be our starting shortstop by seasons end. I know we are only 12 games in but at some point in time Gonzalez will break down and if he doesn't start hitting you have got to give Janish a chance. Same for Hernandez. I now he's got a better reputation as a hitter than Gonzalez and he did hit that big home run last Friday to beat the Astros but if we are going to go young let's go young. When Hanigan catches the Team ERA is almost two runs fewer. He's thrown out all three would be bases stealers. He calls a good game, the pitching staff seems to like to pitch to him, the way he framed that called third strike from Rhodes on Pence last night was priceless, he can put the bat on the ball. Need I say more. Play the young guys. I'd even be game for cutting both of them. Baltimore is paying most Hernandez salary anyway and I'd maybe try to ship Gonzalez out, Boston just lost their shortstop for the year. Worse case scenario we bring up a catcher from Triple AAA, Castillo anyone and then replace Gonzalez on the roster with Rosales.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by gobucks106 View Post
    When Hanigan catches the Team ERA is almost two runs fewer.
    This stat means nothing so far, but yes, Janish does look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    This stat means nothing so far, but yes, Janish does look good.
    Hannigan has been catching Arroyo and Harang (once I think--I'm too tired to look back through the boxes)...

I wish it were true but I doubt Janish can maintain an avg of .275 this year. Then again Gonzo prolly wont bat above .260 this year and IMO Janish is the better defensive player right now. Keep playing Janish until he cools off. Id like to see Hanigan keep playing a lot though.
    Last edited by keeganbrick; 04-21-2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

I don't think Paul Janish is an everyday MLB player. I like him as an occasional fill in/defensive replacement, but not as our everyday SS. I think that if Gonzalez continues to struggle that we may see more Hairston at SS, or eventually we will call up Adam Rosales to be our everyday SS.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I will jump on board and say I agree with the OP
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I'm all for Janish getting PT over AGon, no question. AGon is pretty much finished as a major leaguer.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Janish would hit .235 over the haul of an entire ML season. Granted, that's a much better projection than Seabass's at this point, but it bears mentioning. Janish is not a good hitter. Defensively, I think Seabass is a bit superior. At this point, I'd just as soon leave Seabass in there and hope the bat straightens itself out.

Now - the Hernandez vs. Hanigan argument is one that I am more than willing to have. I think Hanigan is the superior player.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Turn Off Ads?