---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wednesday 4/22/09 Minor League Updates

Saw Keltavious Jones at the game tonight

We might see some roster moves here pretty soon

Great googly moogly, Heisey, Cozart, and Rosales are just tearing the cover off of the ball.

Seriously, at this point, what does Rosales have to do to get called up?

Early May, if he continues his hot streak. I'm guessing Gonzalez, should he continue to struggle, would be DL'ed with Janish taking over at SS. Rosales would play some SS and give the infield a blow, a la Keppinger in 07.

I'd love to see if he could also play LF and RF. RF to give Bruce a break occasionally against a tough southpaw and LF as an ersatz platoon partner with Dickerson.

I like Rosales, but he may not be a good platoon candidate.

Career Splits:

Vs LH - .273/.357/.480/.837 in 458 PA
    Vs. RH - .294/.365/.505/.870 in 1222 PA.

In 2008 against more advanced pitching:

Vs LH - .215/.277/.411/.688 in 119 PA
    Vs RH - .312/.360/.482/.842 in 358 PA

Some BABIP difference in there, but I wonder if its luck or just weaker contact.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

COMING UP ROSES: IF Adam Rosales (Louisville) yesterday at Columbus went 4-for-5 with a double, RBI and a run scored, raising his batting average to .409 (18-44, 4hr, 11rbi)...he’s hit safely in 11 of his 12 games and leads the International League in slugging (.750).

WAY OUT YONDER: 1b Yonder Alonso (Sarasota) last night in Port Charlotte homered for the second consecutive game...Alonso has hit safely in each of his last 5 games (8-20, .400, 10rbi) to raise his batting average 107 points.

IN TODD WE TRUST: IF/OF Todd Frazier (Carolina) is currently riding a 5-game hitting streak (7-19, .368) and ranks among Southern League leaders in doubles (1st, 7) and batting average (6th, .367)...in addition to his 5-game hit streak, he’s doubled in each of his last 3 games and has hit safely in 10 of his 12 games.

KEEP YOUR EYE ON: Zack Cozart (Carolina): The 23 year-old Tennessee native is currently batting .320 with 10 RBI in 12 games with the Mudcats (.404obp, .460slg)...last season he was recognized by Baseball America as the Midwest League’s best defensive shortstop and was named to their Low Class-A All-Star Team...he played collegiately at Ole Miss.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

Turn Off Ads?