Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do Cubs fans boo Dusty?

Why do Cubs fans boo Dusty?

He didn't end there well, but he's the only manager in like 70 or 80 years or so (don't remember how far back) that actually WON a playoff series for their God forsaken crap franchise. They should be glad they even got that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why do Cubs fans boo Dusty?

Because they're a loser franchise full of loser fans. Duh.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

More importantly, what was up with that jacket last night?!? haha. It was just a generic MLB jacket that kinda looked like an umpire's jacket or something. I was always under the impression that you had to wear team gear in the dugout.

But yeah, I don't really get why those hare-brained fans boo him. Maybe because they feel he "ruined" Prior and Wood?
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

cuz they are Cubs Fans

If 80% of our players were on the Cubs, they would be booed on a nightly basis. They expect winning baseball. I'm not sure if they're idiots or geniuses, but I tend to side with the former.

This sums up the Cubs fans perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23p...eature=related

OMG, that soundtrack is awesome, I cant believe I have never heard that before!!!!!!!!!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I think I have a new personal hero. Go Lee Elia.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

It never gets old. Nothing like the Cubs manager ripping his own fans. It would take alot to get any man to that point, and it shows just how idiotic the Cubs fans are. They deserved that tirade. They really did.

Marty let'em have a few years ago, or maybe it was last year.......can't remember.
    Who's on first?

hmmm...maybe because he got paid $3M a year to bring them a championship and all they ended up with were their two star pitchers with their right arms in a sling...just sayin'. I hate the chubs but it's not hard to understand why they don't care for Dusty. He took a team theoretically poised to compete (which they did the first year I believe) and turned them into an also-ran by the time he left. He's the manager, he gets the blame; that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    If you are a Reds fan, and ESPECIALLY if you are a Bengals fan... just stop.

When was the last time the Reds won the division? Heck, when was the last time the Reds even ended the season .500 or better? I think we squeaked out at 4th place 82-80 one year during the Miley/Narron/etc years.

Sorry, I hate that when the Cubs come to town in August, GAB is all blue. But maybe that's because the Cubs have so many fair weather fans? ...no wait, that's not it.
    Last edited by Fon Duc Tow; 04-23-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    Sorry, I hate that when the Cubs come to town in August, GAB is all blue. But maybe that's because the Cubs have so many fair weather fans? ...no wait, that's not it.
    The Cubs DO have a lot of fair weather fans outside of Chicago. How many of those fans were coming to Riverfront when the Cubs sucked it HARD. Not near as many as now.

Cubs fans are the worst. I used to go to games in the late 90s at Wrigley whenever the Reds were in town. Tickets were easy to come by and the fans were great. At some point in time everything at Wrigley changed. The fanbased tripled overnight somehow and all of the new fans are *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    That pretty much sums it up right there, very well said...

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    Cubs fans are the worst. I used to go to games in the late 90s at Wrigley whenever the Reds were in town. Tickets were easy to come by and the fans were great. At some point in time everything at Wrigley changed. The fanbased tripled overnight somehow and all of the new fans are *******s.
    In Boston, it's referred to as the Pinkhat Syndrome.

Here's a good article discussing the very thing on our minds. I think Hairston's quote about entitlement nails it right on the head.
    Last edited by BurgervilleBuck; 04-23-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Turn Off Ads?