Turn Off Ads?

Thread: LF right handed power hitter

LF right handed power hitter

These stats coming from the 4 hole would help us dramatically.

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG

13 49 9 18 2 0 4 10 32 3 13 0 1 .396 .653 .367

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LF right handed power hitter

Those are Jermaine Dye's numbers.
    Who's on first?

Oh yeah. I'd give up Homer in heart beat for them type of numbers from the 4 hole. Tens time better than any righty we currently have.

There is no doubt that adding Dye to this lineup would be appreciably better, the real question is would the addition of Dye make this team a legitimate contender? I have my doubts. IMHO if the Reds are looking deal Homer they should use him to acquire a player who fits better into the organization's long term plans.

I tell you what. I wasn't willing to pull the trigger in the offseason. But I regret that decision now, and management's decision not to do it. It was well documented that the White Sox were willing to do it.

But hindsight is always 20/20. I'd give up Homer and a few other prospects for Dye right now in a heartbeat because I am really believing in this pitching staff, and really feel like a good veteran bat in the 4-hole would make a huge difference in this offense. Bruce showed good signs tonight. BP actually got 2 hits in the 6-hole (keep him there Dusty). A Votto, Dye, Bruce middle of the lineup would be pretty solid in my opinion and would even take pressure off of EE and BP as the RH bats.

Too bad the White Sox are in first place. Detroit it doing well so far too, so no chance of obtaining Magglio yet.
    Who's on first?

I would, for once, prefer to just develop that top of the game hitter. Votto and Bruce could be that over time, but I would love ot have an Adam Dunn with less strikeouts.

Gary Redus Ruled

Id call the Twins for Delmon Young
    Hoping for another Reds October

Turn Off Ads?