Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xavier Nady possibly done for the year. TJ surgery

Xavier Nady possibly done for the year. TJ surgery

per rotoworld.com

"Xavier Nady told The Journal News that an MRI found a tear in his elbow and he'll see a doctor in New York on Thursday.

It sounds like Nady could need season-ending Tommy John surgery. The Yankees would be just fine with Nick Swisher as their everyday right fielder for the rest of the season, but the loss of depth could prove costly later on. Melky Cabrera would again become a regular if anything happened to any of the top three outfielders or perhaps to DH Hideki Matsui or first baseman Mark Teixeira. The Yanks do have minor leaguer Juan Miranda as an alternative at the latter two spots, however."

WOW i guess we were not meant to get him.. good thing with this news. get well Nady..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Xavier Nady possibly done for the year. TJ surgery

Feel bad for Nady ... for some reason can't find any pity for the Yankees however.

They'll just take on some "poor" team's bloated contract if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Feel bad for Nady ... for some reason can't find any pity for the Yankees however.

They'll just take on some "poor" team's bloated contract if need be.
    I think they're economically set up with Swisher.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I can see one of the National outfielders heading to the Yanks soon..

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think they're economically set up with Swisher.
    You think Hank and the Yankees largesse will allow them to be satisfied with "just" Nick Swisher?

Well, I think we have a winner in the Nady v Swisher debate. I was on the wrong side of that one.

Nobody told me Swisher could pitch.

wow. i really wanted the Reds to get him after the Yankees got Swisher. glad we didn't.

You think Hank and the Yankees largesse will allow them to be satisfied with "just" Nick Swisher?
    If you're satisfied with Xavier Nady, you can be satisfied with Nick Swisher, who's two years younger and is having a better career. Plus, Swisher's having a red hot start to the season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If you're satisfied with Xavier Nady, you can be satisfied with Nick Swisher, who's two years younger and is having a better career. Plus, Swisher's having a red hot start to the season.
    I agree with all of that. Just saying that I could easily see Hank opening the wallet for another "high quality" OFer. The Yankees don't operate in the real world with the rest of MLB. They just buy the replacement, cost be damned.

I agree with all of that. Just saying that I could easily see Hank opening the wallet for another "high quality" OFer. The Yankees don't operate in the real world with the rest of MLB. They just buy the replacement, cost be damned.
    True, though I think Swisher might be a Yankee favorite by the time the season ends.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

True, though I think Swisher might be a Yankee favorite by the time the season ends.
    Agreed. He was a guy I would've been ecstatic to see the Reds acquire.

There's already an "Official I Love Nick Swisher" thread at nyyfans.com.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Sorry to bump this thread up, but have you seen the start Swisher is off to in New York? He's currently hitting .306/.433/.714 - 1.148 in 49 atbats. Imagine having his bat in the Reds lineup. I think Walt really missed the boat here. Swisher would have been a perfect fit for the Reds, IMO. He's a local boy, a switch hitter with good on-base skills and power, and he can play three or four positions. His bat would have fit in great in between Joey Votto and Jay Bruce. I would feel pretty good about this offense if they had a bat like Swisher out in left field.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 04-23-2009 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread up, but have you seen the start Swisher is off to in New York? He's currently hitting .306/.433/.714 - 1.148 in 49 atbats. Imagine having his bat in the Reds lineup. I think Walt really missed the boat here. Swisher would have been a perfect fit for the Reds, IMO. He's a local boy, a switch hitter with good on-base skills and power, and he can play three or four positions. His bat would have fit in great in between Joey Votto and Jay Bruce. I would feel pretty good about this offense if they had a bat like Swisher out in left field.
    Maybe the Yankees knew what they were doing when they decided to keep him.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Maybe the Yankees knew what they were doing when they decided to keep him.
    Obviously the White Sox didn't though. We could have given them two scrubs and it would have outbid the Yankees...

Turn Off Ads?