Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds MVP so far?

Reds MVP so far?

I imagine most people will say Votto for obvious reasons but I'm going to have to go with Coco Cordero.Has he been slamming the door or what?97 MPH consistently on the gun is very impressive and so have the results.

Closers have the most easily defined and possibly most important individual role on a team.If this one person doesn't succeed then all other accomplishments can end up being meaningless.If Cordero had continued struggling as he did in ST we wouldn't be feeling as good as many of us are about being 8-6.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds MVP so far?

I'll be the first. It is Joey Votto.

I'd like to know what Votto's BA is with runner's on base. The dude only seems to hit when men ARE on base. Otherwise, he's pretty ordinary. LOL.

My MVP is Votto.

Runner-ups:
    Weathers
    Rhodes
    Cordero
    Who's on first?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Votto and it isn't even close.

Agreed with Votto. But in my mind second place goes to the bullpen collectively. With so many close wins, their contributions have been absolutely critical.

Definitely Votto followed by The bullpen Hydra.

throws 106. NBD.

Agreed on Votto and then the backend of the bullpen.

I'll throw in some third and fourth place votes for Cueto and Arroyo.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

I go with the pitching staff. I don't think any one player has done enough to earn MVP honors yet but that pitching staff has been really good!

Bum

its hard to include pitchers for MVP consideration because they see less playing time than everyday guys do.

But I'd give the mvp to the entire pitching staff, minus 2 guys and we all know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    I go with the pitching staff. I don't think any one player has done enough to earn MVP honors yet but that pitching staff has been really good!

Bum
    What exactly would you like Votto to do, hit .400?

Quote Originally Posted by UC_Ken View Post
    What exactly would you like Votto to do, hit .400?
    Well, yeah, if he can! :

My point was that it has only been 14 games and so far it is the pitching staff that is carrying the team. Down the line, the offensive players are going to have to step up. Votto has done quite well. I don't see anywhere where I was critical of Votto but if he can hit .400, it would be appreciated!

Bum

Votto

No love for Tavaras? whats his OBP? Is he not partially responsible for getting Votto some fastballs to hit? I am not voting against Votto. I just think it is funny that many people won't admit when they are wrong.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

IMO it's hard to pick one right now and that is what is making us special. We've been bailed at different moments by a cast of heroes. Votto, Harang, Cueto, Bruce, EdE, Cordero..... it's a balanced act thus far. That type of balanced act all the way through the year could give us 90 wins.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

Turn Off Ads?