Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Goofy Joey Votto interview

Goofy Joey Votto interview

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Goofy Joey Votto interview

That was great. I love the seemingly random questions. Joey is quite the sport for going with it.

Read the Jay Bruce one as well. Bruce was more receptive it seems.
    Last edited by Spazzrico; 04-24-2009 at 07:50 AM.

I read another interview with Votto (I think on Hal McCoy's blog) where he mentions this Yahoo interview and says, in retrospect, he wished he would have blown the guy off. He called it a lesson learned.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I love that segment on the Yahoo blog. I think he's a really funny interviewer, and it sure beats the cookie-cutter ones you hear for the most part. Do yourselves a favor and go back and read his other interviews. I highly recommend Andy Van Slyke, Ryan Dempster and Evan Longoria.

woot, a Monroe plug!

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I love that segment on the Yahoo blog. I think he's a really funny interviewer, and it sure beats the cookie-cutter ones you hear for the most part. Do yourselves a favor and go back and read his other interviews. I highly recommend Andy Van Slyke, Ryan Dempster and Evan Longoria.
    I did just that. The Jay Bruce one is good, as is the Bob Eucker(sp?) one.

Some of the ORG people are having a sh*t fit over this interview. They need to loosen up. I think for the Votto interview, it came down to his style not being compatible with Joey's personality. Enough said. But it's a fun segment, and as you say, different from all the other boring ones. It's a nice change of pace that lets you see some of the other sides of the players.

Bruce's interview was much funnier. Votto seems like a much more serious guy.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Turn Off Ads?