Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Reds vs Braves 4/24/09

Re: Reds vs Braves 4/24/09

That was no less frustrating to watch in person.

I have the Braves. And Braves poser fans.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Gonzalez entered the game with a 5.68 ERA but he dominated the Reds in the 9th.
    I wouldn't look at a relievers ERA after 6 innings or so to base an opinion on him.

His FIP ERA is 2.64, he has 13 K's in 7.1 innings and saves about 90% of his chances. He's one of the major's elite closers when healthy.

He generally dominates teams.

High five!

It seemed like Gonzales is always on the edge of balking (is that a word?). I guess he gets away with it because he's not moving his hands from the set position.

That would be extremely annoying to hit against, methinks.

Hate, I mean.

Anyone else have a bad feeling that this homestand is going to be a disaster? They lost a winnable game last night, and today they are facing Derek Lowe. Arroyo has pitched well so far, but I don't like our offense against Lowe. Tomorrow we have our fifth starter going against a guy they've never faced before. Monday they face Oswalt and Tuesday Wandy Rodriguez. I was hoping for a 3-3 or 4-2 homestand, but I'm not feeling confident right now...

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Anyone else have a bad feeling that this homestand is going to be a disaster? They lost a winnable game last night, and today they are facing Derek Lowe. Arroyo has pitched well so far, but I don't like our offense against Lowe. Tomorrow we have our fifth starter going against a guy they've never faced before. Monday they face Oswalt and Tuesday Wandy Rodriguez. I was hoping for a 3-3 or 4-2 homestand, but I'm not feeling confident right now...
    I wouldn't start fretting already. You can't win every game. We are facing 3 of the same pitchers we faced in Houston, where we won 3 out of 4. As good as Wandy pitches at home, he pitches just as bad on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I wouldn't start fretting already. You can't win every game. We are facing 3 of the same pitchers we faced in Houston, where we won 3 out of 4. As good as Wandy pitches at home, he pitches just as bad on the road.
    True, but all three of those pitchers shut our offense down. We can't expect our pitching to shut down the opposition every night. This team desperately needs another bat.

Turn Off Ads?