Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NFL Draft

Re: 2009 NFL Draft

That is a great pick for the Browns. I am hoping the Bengals can land one of the other big centers left in that draft in the 2nd round.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I like the Dolphins pick of Vontae Davis. He seems to have some off field issues, but he is a stud on the field.

I don't like how his brother is trying to make out with him though ..
    Matta = Really good

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I think the Andre Smith pick is pretty telling, especially with Eugene Monroe still on the board.

Andre Smith is a prototypical RT (think Willie Anderson). Doesn't have the height to start at LT, but could also move inside to guard in the future. Levi Jones is going to be at LT.

Right now, I would give anything to see the Bengals move up for Rey Maualuga.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The future of the Cincinnati Bengals, Andre Smith:

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Colts picked RB Donald Brown at #27

RB Beanie Wells still hasn't been picked

C Eric Wood is now gone
    Bills picked him at #28

Eric Wood to the Bills. Max Unger is still left and he could go to Pittsburgh.

Beanie to the Bengals?:thumbdown

Another of the centers Wood just went to the Bills. The chances of the Bengals getting a center in round 2 are getting slim.

Especially with Wood off the board, the Bengals MUST trade up and get either Rey Maleuga or Beanie Wells. It would cost a 4th round pick at most (to move up nine spots here.) The Bengals have an extra 4th rounder they could easily shed to get either of these premier players.

Of course, being the Bengals, they won't.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Eric Wood to the Bills. Max Unger is still left and he could go to Pittsburgh.

Beanie to the Bengals?:thumbdown
    Oh Gawd. I see a skill position.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

It looks like Geoff Hobson had a Crabtree article ready if Andre Smith wasn't available at #6

Bengals catch Crabtree

GEOFF HOBSON
    Posted Apr 25, 2009

The Bengals opted for the man many believe to be the top offensive player in Saturday's NFL Draft when they took Texas Tech wide receiver Michael Crabtree with the sixth pick.

With their leading options at tackle apparently gone in the first five selections and unable to trade out, the Bengals stayed on offense to grab the 6-1, 215-pound Crabtree, viewed by several analysts as the lone No. 1 receiver in the draft. The date of Crabtree's availability is in question as he recovers from March surgery for a stress fracture in his foot, so it's not a given that the move automatically ends the Bengals career of Chad Ochocinco.

Crabtree, a red-shirt sophomore, drew comparisons to big, game-breaking Pro Bowlers Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson during the scouting process. In his two seasons in the run-and-shoot offense, Crabtree caught more than 200 balls and scored 40 touchdowns while being named the nation's top receiver in both seasons.

Blake Beddingfield, scouting coordinator for the Tennessee Titans, had this recent exchange with a Milwaukee newspaper:
    "He's got rare wide-receiver skills. Not rare speed or rare size. Just rare receiving skills."
    Could Crabtree bust?
    "Only way he would bust out would be if he had an injury."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...a-f96b8fa81039

Looks like Beanie may be headed to Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Looks like Beanie may be headed to Tennessee
    Don't they already have Chris Johnson and Lendale White?

Forget that. Beanie is not going to the Titans. It didn't really make sense but usually when you see a player on the phone that close to a pick that is where they are going.

I could see the Cardinals drafting Wells since James wants out.

Turn Off Ads?