Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/26/09 - Reds vs Braves

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 4/26/09 - Reds vs Braves

Some of those pitches are awfully close to what I thought was the strike zone. Is it small again today?

Glad Micah got through that inning. Time for some offense or at least for guys to take some freaking pitches.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Before he bats, I want to go on record as saying that I would have given Edwin a day off today.

Hopefully, he makes me look foolish.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Bruce works a walk in a nice AB.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Stop swinging at the first pitch!!! This guy is known for being slightly wild and they're swinging away like he's throwing first pitch strikes.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

EE hits one almost as impressively as BP that's converted into a FC. 2-6. Bruce erased, EE on first.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

It's time to give Encarnacion a few days off. Bruce walked, so what does EdE do? He swings at a first pitch fastball at his ankles and dribbles it out in front of the plate.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Has Owings cracked 90 mph yet?
    Owings generally only works in the high 80's with his fastball so we're not seeing anything unusual in that regard this afternoon.

That said, I wonder how many people still think Owings can develop into a #3 arm or better.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Ugh. EE thrown out trying to steal 2nd.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

That hit and run didn't work at all.

Unbelievable. Now Encarnacion gets caught stealing by 20 feet. Way to give away outs. This team has hard enough time getting guys on base anyways.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Ouch...ugly FC and then an even uglier hit and run attempt....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Haunted by walks

The Reds batters are like stubborn little kids who will be patient at the plate only long enough to get back to the way they really want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Ugh. EE thrown out trying to steal 2nd.
    Officially a caught stealing, but it was a failed hit-and-run.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Hernandez grounds out 4-3 after a nice AB.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

I stand by my prediction that the Reds go 0-6 or 1-5 on this homestand.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?