Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I was there for the 04-25-2009 massacre...

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

I was there for the 04-25-2009 massacre...

It was the first time I saw the Reds get beaten that bad...or get beaten at all for that matter. Granted, I have been only to 3 Reds games in my lifetime. Some observations from the game:

(1) When Bronson's curve and offspeed stuff is not working, the outcome is brutal. He was just pitching batting practice to the Braves. I think some questionable calls early by the umpire may have led to Bronson's demise.

(2) When the Reds get behind by more than 2 runs, they try to win the game with one swing of the bat. Patience is out the window. Stategy does not come into play. A classic example is the leadoff double by Hanigan to open an inning, followed by a Bronson bunt double. Guys on second and third with no out and the Reds could not score. Lowe then proceeded to strike out the side (Dickerson, MacDonald, Votto).

(3) EdE needs to get his head on straight. It seems that we he makes a mistake in a ballgame (a throwing error in this game), he ponders on that mistake for the rest of the game.

(4) When you make one mistake in the ballgame (Dickerson drops a flyball near the left field wall), the Reds fans are on you for the rest of the game. Case in point, when Dickerson dived for a sure hit and missed catching it, the fans booed him. He then caught a ball with nearly the same dive within the next few innings and the fans cheered. Dickerson responded with a little courtesy bow (almost mockingly) as he acknowledged the cheers by the same fans that booed him.

Yes the Reds were stomped, but I had the time of my life on my once a year pilgimage to Cincinnati. Although my observations from the 39th row of section 134 may not be the best, I feel the Reds are on the verge of something special if everything starts clicking.
    "I don't want to embarrass any other catcher by comparing him to Johnny Bench."
    Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I was there for the 04-25-2009 massacre...

Yeah, but were you there for Bruce and Votto's massacre of the Braves on 4-26-09? Not to mention Owings gem of a well pitched game?

I chose to go to the 4/24/09 Edinson Volquez Walk for the loss edition.

Edison needs to get his you-know-what together. We should have taken 2 of 3 from the Braves.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I was there too. I was really mad
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I have been to all the home games.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I was there too. I was really mad
    At an 0-3 attendance record, maybe you should just stop going...

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipsHead View Post
    At an 0-3 attendance record, maybe you should just stop going...
    Yes I'm starting to think that

I have tickets to the Indians series memorial day weekend, one day in the Diamond seats and one day in the Club seats. Also have tickets to the Civil Rights game.

Hopefully they can get me on the board with a "W" in one of those
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by robmadden1 View Post
    I have been to all the home games.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Turn Off Ads?