Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Trip to GABP (I need some help)

Re: My Trip to GABP (I need some help)

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    http://law.justia.com/ohio/codes/orc...0162-e50f.html

The D and E provisions are limousine related (D) and buying the bottle of wine you start at a restaurant and taking it home with you (resealed).
    So do the police ignore the law when tailgating for Bengals games is going on?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

are the parking lots public property?

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    are the parking lots public property?
    They are as private as the concourse outside GABP. Mike Brown doesn't own those parking lots. I'm pretty sure the County does

I think many of those lots are private property. I think by the code listed above, though, that probably isn't enough. Public might not just mean public property. Public in the context of that law might just mean amongst people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They are as private as the concourse outside GABP. Mike Brown doesn't own those parking lots. I'm pretty sure the County does
    I'm sure the Bengals have quite a bit of influence over those lots, since they are designated for season ticket holders. It also is probably considered private since you need a parking pass for entry, can't simply pay money to get in.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

There are other exceptions to the open container law, which can be a little difficult to understand. Places like the parking lots at PBS might be under a special liquor permit that provides an exception to the open container laws at certain times. Another example would be Oktoberfest Zinzinnati. While you are normally not permitted to cruise the streets of Cincinnati with an open beer, the third weekend in September is an exception where they not only allow you to walk around a certain area of downtown, they sell it to you too. There are some different rules you have to follow that are a combination of local ordinances and regulations handed down from the State Liquor Control board. Having worked for a while at a city law department, I spent many hours navigating the rules and regs for a variety of issues that popped up in my time there.

With regard to the woman on the outer concourses of GABP, whether the woman was violating open container laws may depend on 1) where she purchased the drink, and 2) where she was located. If she's on GABP premises and she's brought her own stuff on the property, she might be violating the open container law, but she might also be violating GABP's liquor permit, which could result in GABP losing its liquor license if it doesn't strictly enforce it's permit rules.

I suppose the next question would be, how can people bring their own stuff to the tailgate, but not walk around outside the park with it? The answer is likely that the parking lot is a special use area allowing consumption of alcohol brought onto the premises, but not the park itself. That's why places like stadiums and concert venues will often dump out the stuff you try to sneak in, but won't do anything about it in the lots.

The police officer might have been a jerk, but in my line of work, the mantra is "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post

The police officer might have been a jerk, but in my line of work, the mantra is "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."
    Don't get me wrong. I am far from a police hating type person in fact it's one profession I have the upmost respect for and I realize from my own experiences just how difficult it is dealing with many of the malcontents in society.

My whole point is the guy that started this thread was almost ejected from the ballpark for the horrific crime of having a out of state license that didn't adhere to the Reds policies even though he was well above the drinking age. Our crime was standing outside the ballpark holding a plastic cup with "Budweiser" on it while posing for pictures with the stadium. Yes we were wrong in having a open container but the crime hardly deserved a cop screaming at us and making a scene which really scared the crap out of all of us and making a 40 year old woman tear up. All the while we have a thread above wondering why the Reds attendance is so crappy. I gaurantee the couple we went with along with the $500 or so money they pumped into the Cincinnati economy that weekend won't be back.

I just think with incidents like above and many, many other reasons the Reds and the City of Cincinnati give people a reason to spend their entertainment money elsewhere.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Did you email Bob and Phil Castellini?

I wouldn't waste my time with trying to contact one of their flunkies if I was you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I've not seen an e-mail address for either of those two, I just filled out the form on the website.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

I have heard that writing a good old fashion letter gets better feedback. It is worth a try.

Cincinnati Reds
    Great American Ball Park
    100 Joe Nuxhall Way
    Cincinnati, OH 45202-4109
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I am far from a police hating type person in fact it's one profession I have the upmost respect for and I realize from my own experiences just how difficult it is dealing with many of the malcontents in society.

My whole point is the guy that started this thread was almost ejected from the ballpark for the horrific crime of having a out of state license that didn't adhere to the Reds policies even though he was well above the drinking age. Our crime was standing outside the ballpark holding a plastic cup with "Budweiser" on it while posing for pictures with the stadium. Yes we were wrong in having a open container but the crime hardly deserved a cop screaming at us and making a scene which really scared the crap out of all of us and making a 40 year old woman tear up. All the while we have a thread above wondering why the Reds attendance is so crappy. I gaurantee the couple we went with along with the $500 or so money they pumped into the Cincinnati economy that weekend won't be back.

I just think with incidents like above and many, many other reasons the Reds and the City of Cincinnati give people a reason to spend their entertainment money elsewhere.
    I understand your feelings. While the officer was correct about the law, he could have handled it better. Of course your friend may have just been unlucky enough to have been the 50th person to try and get away with that stuff that day. From the officer's point of view, he may have thought your friend was being a smartalec and was just tired of dealing with it. Not saying it's right, but it seems like your situation was one where a misunderstanding exacerbated the situation.

As far as redsfaninbsg's experience, that just seems like the people involved were wrong about the law. I would definitely take my complaint up the line until I got an answer.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Reds e-mailed back and they are giving me 4 tickets in the club level with all you can eat and drink for the Memorial Day game against Houston!
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

That is great news! Have a great time at the game.

Wonder what the Bengals would have done if this happened at PBS?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Reds e-mailed back and they are giving me 4 tickets in the club level with all you can eat and drink for the Memorial Day game against Houston!
    Good news!

Say what you want about this new FO but they do know how to take care of people. The know how to make amends when something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Excellent!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?