Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 All Star Voting underway

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

2009 All Star Voting underway

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_st...allot_reg.html

I'd like to encourage everyone here to vote for Bruce and Votto to the 2009 All Star team. Lets get a head start. I think both of these guys deserve our votes and if we can get them a huge amount of votes and get them into the All Star game we can gain them some good recognition at this point in their careers.

You can actually vote more then 25 times a day. Just fill in a different name after you've used up your 25 votes with your name. You can vote an unlimited amount of times. If you're just messing around on the computer, throw them some votes every chance you get.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2009 All Star Voting underway

This is why I hate that the fans get to vote. It's just a popularity contest with superfans voting thousands of times. If we are still going to let fans vote I think they should do it like they used to. You fill out a ballot at the ballpark and have to cast your vote there.

This online voting just cheapens them getting to the game IMHO.

I just pumped in 100 votes for our boys..... I figure if I can get to around a thousand a day between now and the All-Star Break I've done all I can do.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I agree that the online voting has hurt the game. It seems MLB is just out to have a record number of "voters", when in actuality it is probably the same number of people voting multiple times.

I like the way the NFL Pro Bowl voting is set up (or used to be...not sure if it changed). The fans get 1/3 of the vote, players get 1/3 and coaches get 1/3. I'd like to see MLB adopt this policy, especially since the game now "counts" with World Series implications.

And get rid of the riduculous rule that 1 player has to be represented from each team. Let the best players go to the game. If MLB adopted the above policy it should do away with ballot-box stuffing, so there is no need to take a player from every team.

Finally, the HR Derby could be great again, but it needs to be shortened somehow. I'd like to see a skills competition added and other events, sort of how the NBA does their All-Star Weekend.

But, yeah....vote Reds.

I threw a couple of votes in too....

WHATEVER YOU DO... DO NOT VOTE FOR VOTTO AND BRUCE FOR HOME RUN DERBY
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    I threw a couple of votes in too....

WHATEVER YOU DO... DO NOT VOTE FOR VOTTO AND BRUCE FOR HOME RUN DERBY
    Couple of things. That isn't done by a vote, its by the top HR totals and who is willing to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I just pumped in 100 votes for our boys..... I figure if I can get to around a thousand a day between now and the All-Star Break I've done all I can do.
    So if Bruce and or Votto were to get 100,000 votes total - With around 70 days left till the break you would have accounted for 70% of thier total votes.

If 20 people did the same thing as you for those 70 or so days you could get them 1.4 millions votes.

But yeah, they "earned" the right to play in the game

I voted for Pujols. Reds are my favorite team but the all stars should be the best players, and Albert is god.

Pujols plays like a God but Votto's numbers are somewhat god-like as well. Throw in Votto being the only offense on his team until Bruce's hot streak and Votto clearly deserves the nod. *I fully admit to being a homer*

Votto has no chance of even approaching Pujols vote total anyway.

Couple of things. That isn't done by a vote, its by the top HR totals and who is willing to do it.
    There is a poll where you can vote for it... I know it's voluntary, but I don't want our young hitters even being asked... It's a swing-destroyer.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

deep breaths

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    So if Bruce and or Votto were to get 100,000 votes total - With around 70 days left till the break you would have accounted for 70% of thier total votes.

If 20 people did the same thing as you for those 70 or so days you could get them 1.4 millions votes.

But yeah, they "earned" the right to play in the game
    Thats what I'm going for man. This is the fans game. Fans in every city can stuff the ballot box. All this voting, it just promotes the game.

I remember in 2001 when Mariners around the diamond made the All Star Game. David Bell was one of them. Thats what makes baseball great. We do have the chance, the possibility, to make anyone on that ballot an all star. Lets go for it.

Thats what I'm going for man. This is the fans game. Fans in every city can stuff the ballot box. All this voting, it just promotes the game.

I remember in 2001 when Mariners around the diamond made the All Star Game. David Bell was one of them. Thats what makes baseball great. We do have the chance, the possibility, to make anyone on that ballot an all star. Lets go for it.
    I'll make sure Juan Castro gets in if it kills me.

Im Voting like crazy for Votto and Bruce

Lets Go Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Im Voting like crazy for Votto and Bruce

Lets Go Lakers
    I'm a few away from 125 votes for each.... I'm going to do it most of tonight while I'm messing around watching the game......

Turn Off Ads?