Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey IL pitcher of the week

Bailey IL pitcher of the week

Class AAA Louisville RHP Homer Bailey was named the International League's Pitcher of the Week...in 2 starts last weekBailey went 2-0, 2.92 with 18 strikeouts in 12.1 innings (10h, 6bb), including a 3-2 win at Columbus and yesterday's 10-3 victory at Toledo...in yesterday's start, over 6.1 innings he struck out a career-high 15 batters to tie the Louisville single-game record...between the third and sixth innings he retired 9 consecutive batters by strikeout.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bailey IL pitcher of the week

I know that the strikeouts are being talked about on another thread but that was just sick. That sounds like Clemens stuff there.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Bombastic Bailey

Baker told pitcher Homer Bailey this spring, when he was sent down to Class AAA Louisville, "Make us notice you. Go down there and win a seven in a row."

Bailey is trying his best with the "Hey look at me" approach.

He was named International League Pitcher of the Week when he went 2-0 with a 2.92 ERA, striking out 18 in 12 1/3 innings, including nine in a row at one point. He struck out 15 in 6 1/3 innings Sunday against Toledo.

"That's great," said Baker. "We're pulling for him. Big-time."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...est-97944.html

Matt Fairel, who started two games for the Dragons last week, posting a 1-0 record with a 1.38 ERA, was named the Midwest League pitcher of the week. He allowed just two runs in 13 innings and struck out 20, including 12 in six innings against Great Lakes.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...end-98015.html

Go Homer go , sick as hell at the Dow Jones fans that expect at age 22 for this kid to be a world beater.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

It would be a good time to trade Bailey for that RH bat we need.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    It would be a good time to trade Bailey for that RH bat we need.

not only would that be foolish (do you forget the kid is only 22 years old???), but trades as such simply don't happen this early in the year.

Nice to see him get that ERA down to the 6.90 area and that WHIP down to the 1.51 area.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    not only would that be foolish (do you forget the kid is only 22 years old???), but trades as such simply don't happen this early in the year.
    It may very well be foolish, in fact I probably wouldn't do it myself. However the way things are economically and how difficult it is to pry young players, especially pitchers away from teams right now GM's might be willing to pit fight for the chance to make a deal.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I would trade Bailey....

For David Wright.

Chalk up another good start for Homer.Sat. Homer got his first complete game while pitching shutout baseball.One thing I don't understand about his line is that it says only 7 ip.The article on the Bats web site says he pitched a complete game.Anyone know what happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post
    Chalk up another good start for Homer.Sat. Homer got his first complete game while pitching shutout baseball.One thing I don't understand about his line is that it says only 7 ip.The article on the Bats web site says he pitched a complete game.Anyone know what happened there?
    2nd game of a double header. Minor league double headers consist of 7 inning games.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Second game of a DH. In the minors, if its a DHer, each game is only scheduled to go seven.

So he threw a complete game (DHer style).

I thought the DH probably had something to do with it but didn't know for sure.Thanks for the info.

Homer Bailey, RHP, Reds (Triple-A Louisville)
    After striking out a career-high 15 in his last start, Bailey was more efficient on Saturday night, delivering a seven-inning five-hit shutout against Buffalo. Much of his success can be attributed to mechanical changes, or, more accurately, his reverting to his former delivery, which puts more downward bite on both his fastball and breaking ball. There's no immediate, obvious opening in the Reds' rotation right now, but when one does arise, Bailey could finally be ready to step in and live up to his once mighty promise.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=8820

Turn Off Ads?