Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1530 Homer.com - C. Trent?

Re: 1530 Homer.com - C. Trent?

P Doc out at 700 WLW. Replaced by Lance. Will Homer change formats? They don't have anyone left.

Per Cincinnati Enquirer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    I wondered how long his gig would last. I didn't think a blogger that was occasionally on air on a minor station would last. Not a salary they could carry long term.

Sadly, we was the most informative, adult person they had.
    You clearly never saw Trents reaction after someone corrected him on something.

C. Trent used this page when he was between The Post and 1530. It seems as though the current post is from today.

http://ctrentrosecrans.com/

P Doc out at 700 WLW. Replaced by Lance. Will Homer change formats? They don't have anyone left.

Per Cincinnati Enquirer.
    Sounds like they are just getting rid of the bad host and dead weight. Lance is dumb at times but he does a good job. I hope they dont get rid of Mo just because he is pretty entertaining. Easy to listen to when you are working and driving around town. Guy mixes up his content nicely imo.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Any early word on who gets the morning gig?
    I wouldnt be surprised if they went with a syndicated show some how. Maybe they give it to Nick Brunker.

This just in at 1 p.m.: Just spoke to C. Trent. Yes, he's been laid off, and says that all most of WCKY-AM as we know it has been wiped out. Morning man Alan Cutler is gone. Mo Egger stays at Clear Channel, but lost his 9 am-noon show. C. Trent says Lance will do stay at 3-6, then do "SportsTalk" until Reds games. When Reds don't play a night game, Mo will do the 3-6 p.m. weekday show, and Lance will do 6-9 p.m. on WLW-AM. C Trent also says two WCKY-AM talk show producers were laid off too. Syndicated shows will fill the day, probably from Fox Sports, since ESPN is on Clear Channel's 1360.

Dang

Does Matt@700wlw still have a job?

That is a shame. I enjoyed reading Trent's blog every day.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Clear Channel is doing layoffs companywide today. Music stations will be losing on-air talent, too.
    /r/reds

I wondered how long his gig would last. I didn't think a blogger that was occasionally on air on a minor station would last. Not a salary they could carry long term.

Sadly, we was the most informative, adult person they had.
    Yeah it's not that I expected him to last a long time there, sure he knew that too, but if one has ever been through these corporate slashing days that come out of nowhere, it's not fun and usually happens without any warning - that's the inhuman part. I am just sensitive to it.

I suspect he'll go to another market, it would be best for him, where he can actually find work. I grew to like him, because of his traditional newspaper style and a shared interest in the type of pop culture etc..,

Looks like 1530 will now be off my dial presets along with WLW (which was axed long ago except for the occassional Reds game on radio when Joe left).

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    This just in at 1 p.m.: Just spoke to C. Trent. Yes, he's been laid off, and says that all most of WCKY-AM as we know it has been wiped out. Morning man Alan Cutler is gone. Mo Egger stays at Clear Channel, but lost his 9 am-noon show. C. Trent says Lance will do stay at 3-6, then do "SportsTalk" until Reds games. When Reds don't play a night game, Mo will do the 3-6 p.m. weekday show, and Lance will do 6-9 p.m. on WLW-AM. C Trent also says two WCKY-AM talk show producers were laid off too. Syndicated shows will fill the day, probably from Fox Sports, since ESPN is on Clear Channel's 1360.

Dang
    Good God! I guess I'm in the minority about Cutler. He could be annoying and overbearing at times but he did talk about sports 90% of the time unlike the 2 Angry Guys who were always complaining about something or other that didn't have anything to do with sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Cutler is decent in small doses but he is just another guy that cant handle anyone else's opinion.

I think he does good filling in for people. I didnt really ever dislike him until he got the morning gig and I actually started picking up on how cocky or what ever you want to call it he was.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Cutler is decent in small doses but he is just another guy that cant handle anyone else's opinion.

I think he does good filling in for people. I didnt really ever dislike him until he got the morning gig and I actually started picking up on how cocky or what ever you want to call it he was.

Yeah, he is pretty cocky. I only listen to him on my way to work so I only get the small doses. I think it's kind of natural for the jocks to get all excited when someone doesn't agree with them. Even Lance, who I like, gets that way at times. He was actually on the board here a few years ago and got into an argument with some people on here and got all pissy and left.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Cutler is gone from every programming spot he held at WLW or 1530 the last 8 years (including Bengals' programming).

Can't say I mind, but I don't like seeing people lose jobs at all. He still has a gig in Lexington I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Cutler is gone from every programming spot he held at WLW or 1530 the last 8 years (including Bengals' programming).

Can't say I mind, but I don't like seeing people lose jobs at all. He still has a gig in Lexington I believe.
    I thought Cutler fit in nicely with the Bengals. He was very good at handling ignorant, drunk Bengals fans after the games.

Turn Off Ads?