Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1530 Homer.com - C. Trent?

Re: 1530 Homer.com - C. Trent?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Sadly, I'm out as well. It's been fun, but I guess its time I find my life's work....and change my handle
    If you look on the bright side, you won't have to put up with Eddie and Tracy any longer.

Hope you land on your feet somewhere soon.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, Matt. Working in broadcasting can be a blast, but there are other fun workplaces that pay better. I hope you find one soon.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 04-28-2009 at 05:09 PM.
    /r/reds

I just tuned in then tuned out the remaining local CC sports talk show. Lance is talking about nicknames for Joey Votto. The Canadian Crusher. Bazooka Joey. Jack Pot Joey. Ooooohhhh!!! "You're a winner" Yyyyeeeaaaahhhh!!

Cincinnati sports talk is now playing with crayons.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

http://stripehype.com/2009/04/28/cin...beating-today/

Layoffs at Clear Channel Radio have extracted their pound of flesh from sports radio and web coverage in Cincinnati.

1530 Homer sports blogger C. Trent Rosecrans, formerly with the now-defunct Cincinnati Post was among those handed a pink slip. His coverage of the Bengals — and more — has been exemplary, and earned him “Cincinnati’s Best Journalist” honors from CityBeat magazine just this year.

CityBeat also said: “BEST BREAK FROM CLICHE SPORTSWRITING: A funny, well-trained and creative young sports journalist in Cincinnati? The Enquirer doesn’t have any use for a person like this, which is why C. Trent Rosecrans moved on to WCKY (1530 AM) after The Post closed in 2007. His “Thinking Out Loud” blog posts combine sports news and commentary with his thoughts on other issues of importance, with music, pop culture and his adoration with the iPhone frequenting his daily dose of news and links. Rosecrans proves that you don’t have to be a square white dude to succeed in the sports world (he’s a white dude who wears black glasses), and his well-documented love for local record stores makes us believe he’s one of us.”
    Rosecrans can now be found here. Hopefully someone puts him back in a saddle, soon.

Also out, per the Cincinnati Enquirer, is morning sports radio host Alan Cutler, while fellow gabber Mo Egger has had his duties reduced. Enquirer sports columnist Paul Daugherty also lost his radio gig.
    /r/reds

Sadly, I'm out as well. It's been fun, but I guess its time I find my life's work....and change my handle
    Man, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that Matt.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I don't know how much you want to talk about it, but I don't get it. What good does it do to can you? They still need a producer for those shows and they still need someone to give traffic updates. What's the point? Do they give a decent severance or are you really kicked to the curb?

(You have the right to remain silent)

Good luck, Matt.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Dish the dirt Matt. Make it a bad break up!

Sorry to hear, Matt!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Sorry about that Matt. I enjoy your posts here & the Bengals site and wish you the best.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Sweet! I made the newspaper story!

Matt, real sorry to hear that. A year ago this Thursday I lost my job. I've been there, as have others no doubt. I hope that you, like me, move on to a better place to work. You were really starting to sound good and comfortable on the air with your updates and traffic and I hope that can be parlayed into something else you want to do.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

I'm sorry to hear the news, Matt - I wish you the best of luck in finding something better.

Matt, good luck and stay positive!

This news really blows. I loved listening to 1530 every morning with Alan and Mo. You just get so used to hearing their voices. Now, they're gone. This is complete bs. So, from 6am - noon we don't get any local radio? It's all national? That stinks. I love listening to hosts and callers talk about the Reds and Bengals. I could give a rats about the NBA or NHL Playoffs which is what will be talked about on the radio now. Bad new all around.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Sweet! I made the newspaper story!
    Ahh, fame.

Good luck Matt -- everyone I know spoke highly of your work at WLW, and I'm certain something will come up for you.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?