Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nashville Sounds

High five!

Nashville Sounds

Hey, I'm thinking about checking out the Sounds here. Anyone know anything about any prospects to watch?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nashville Sounds

Nashville has a handful of interesting prospects.

Catcher Angel Salome is only 5-foot-7 but he hit .360 last season with a .973 OPS in Double-A.

Third baseman Mat Gamel was rated the 34th best prospect in all of baseball. He can really hit.

Alcides Escobar is the one to watch. He's arguably the best shortstop prospect in the game. His defensive skills are A+++. He'll win multiple Gold Gloves in the majors. Baseball America rated him as the 19th best prospect in the game.

Tony Gwynn's son is also on the roster.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Nashville has a handful of interesting prospects.

Catcher Angel Salome is only 5-foot-7 but he hit .360 last season with a .973 OPS in Double-A.

Third baseman Mat Gamel was rated the 34th best prospect in all of baseball. He can really hit.

Alcides Escobar is the one to watch. He's arguably the best shortstop prospect in the game. His defensive skills are A+++. He'll win multiple Gold Gloves in the majors. Baseball America rated him as the 19th best prospect in the game.

Tony Gwynn's son is also on the roster.
    Excellent rundown. Thanks, OBM.

I've been to a few Sounds games and have always had a good time. But, Greer Stadium is a major dump. Although I think new ownership has made some much needed renovations to the stadium. Maybe it's better now.

carmack42

Those guys played here in Huntsville for AA, and they were really fun to watch. They made some pretty exciting endings to games. Don Money is also a lot of fun as manager. It seems like he'd get thrown out of every other game I watched.

Greer Stadium isn't pretty by any means, but the fans there are really loyal. The Sounds used to be a Reds outfit, and I think they still have a concession stand named after Rob Dibble. You'll have a pretty good time.

High five!

Hey, at least the stadium is next to a graveyard!

The stadium is a dump. Take a small trip to Lexington, Louisville, or Bowling Green (KY) to see some nice stadiums. Bowling Green has last years #1 over all draft pick, Tim Beckham.

Gamel-LaPorta was an absolutely lethal combo when they were playing together before the CC trade.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?