Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB.TV

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

MLB.TV

So I signed up for mlb.tv so I could watch the games when I'm on the road. I was told that the blackout is based on your ip address and that if I'm away from Cincinnati I should be able to get the games, but every time I log in it says I'm in one of the team's broadcast areas and I have to call mlb.com and explain to them where I am and then they turn off the blackout and I can watch the rest of the game. Is my ip address fixed by any chance and is always going to show me in Ohio no matter where I am? I'm sitting in Memphis at the moment, so there's no way the Memphis area should be in the market for Cincinnati or Houston.

If my ip address is always going to give me away like that, is there anything I can do about that, like some way to have my computer show a different ip or something?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?
    High five!

Re: MLB.TV

I think Memphis might be in the blackout area, ORH.

I'll tell you this. When I lived in CA, I had MLB.TV and all was good. When we moved to TN, as soon as I got to Nashville, I was blacked out. So I think it _is_ by IP.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I used a proxy server ip and that seemed to work. Now if the game was better...
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

High five!

Heh, can't do anything about that!

Yeah, Memphis is in the Reds (and Braves) black out zone. So proxy is the way to go there.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, Memphis is in the Reds (and Braves) black out zone. So proxy is the way to go there.
    probably Cardinals too.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I think it might be based on the IP address you used when you signed up, not the one you're currently on, but I could be wrong.

Turn Off Ads?