Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright....I'll be the one to start a Volquez thread

Alright....I'll be the one to start a Volquez thread

How disappointing can the guy be?

He is afraid to let anyone get a hit. He can walk 7 but have a no-hitter going..........what a weirdo.

Frickin' learn to let people hit the ball, and trust your fielders. This is ridiculous.

The dude has good stuff and he's afraid to use it. This is a serious problem.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Alright....I'll be the one to start a Volquez thread

One of the things I hate about this team is that many of the losses could have been wins. The stupid errors .......in their losses, it's almost like they've found ways to lose. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by ChatterRed; 04-25-2009 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    One of the things I hate about this team is that many of the losses could have been wins. The stupid errors .......in their losses, it's almost like they've found ways to lose. It's ridiculous.
    I agree, but every team does that to some degree. Before the Volquez meltdown, you could have said that the Reds had definitely taken advantage of the Braves miscues. in the 1st, Taveras got on base. They were scared that Taveras was going to steal second, so Ross tries to pick him off and bobbles the ball and then Taveras takes second. Votto then knocks him in. Those are the types of things that the Reds ARE doing this year to other team that they haven't been in the past.

It goes both ways.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Anyone else think that Escobar should have gotten his rear end kicked last night?

Gary Redus Ruled

I think if Volquez ever got serious, focused, and bulldog-like hed be great. In my opinion hes too aloof, hot doggy, and laughing/smiling too much even when hes walking guys. He needs to toughen up and focus...
    Hoping for another Reds October

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    I think if Volquez ever got serious, focused, and bulldog-like hed be great. In my opinion hes too aloof, hot doggy, and laughing/smiling too much even when hes walking guys. He needs to toughen up and focus...
    This is EXACTLY what I was going to say. He acts like a little kid pitching in a knothole game. He needs to mature on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by xavr1 View Post
    He needs to mature on the mound.
    And he will. He's 25. I'm only 31 myself, but I know I've matured beyond all imagination over the past 6 years. I look back and don't even recognize the person I was. If the 25 year old me were living in a foreign country and suddenly a millionaire All-Star who was in the international spotlight, I think I would probably be sporadic on the mound. He needs to get his head straight; if you listen to him speak to the media he is really insecure in himself. The laughter and smiles on the mound are just a defense mechanism against the same insecurity that made him walk the opposing pitcher with the bases loaded. His stuff is fine, and once he racks up more time his head will be, too.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I would say if Mario's not in town already, he has gotten a phone call.

they need to set soto up here permanently...he can work with cueto/volquez a lot better than pohl

He should work as quickly as he can and throw as many strikes as he can. It seems like Volquez over-complicates things by trying to pitch outside the strike zone.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    they need to set soto up here permanently...he can work with cueto/volquez a lot better than pohl

From what I've heard, the Reds would be all for that, but Soto does not want to leave home for an entire season.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    He's not very mature, and I don't think he's the sharpest knife in the kitchen either.

He's got the best stuff on the team, and he wants to pic around the zone. He should just have 2 pitches. The 96mph fastball and the change-up. He should throw the heat about 80% of the time.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    From what I've heard, the Reds would be all for that, but Soto does not want to leave home for an entire season.
    ya think i heard that too...though offer him enough money than maybe

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Chris Dickerson is so bad I don't care if he ever steps on the field again...... nothing about Volquez. He's not an ace. That's okay. I can live with that.

But Dickerson doesn't look like a Major Leaguer.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    He's not very mature, and I don't think he's the sharpest knife in the kitchen either.

He's got the best stuff on the team, and he wants to pic around the zone. He should just have 2 pitches. The 96mph fastball and the change-up. He should throw the heat about 80% of the time.
    Actually, most experts believe Cueto has the best stuff on the staff.

Turn Off Ads?