Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bailey named IL pitcher of the week

Bailey named IL pitcher of the week

Posted by John Fay
    Class AAA Louisville RHP Homer Bailey was named the International League's Pitcher of the Week...in 2 starts last week Bailey went 2-0, 2.92 with 18 strikeouts in 12.1 innings (10h, 6bb), including a 3-2 win at Columbus and yesterday's 10-3 victory at Toledo...in yesterday's start, over 6.1 innings he struck out a career-high 15 batters to tie the Louisville single-game record...between the third and sixth innings he retired 9 consecutive batters by strikeout.

Get that kid up here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bailey named IL pitcher of the week

Harang
    Arroyo
    Volquez
    Cueto
    Owings

We're fine...

The bullpen will ruin him...

Let him pitch in Louisville...

Ok now that he looks good trade him for a LF who has some pop, Delmon Young or Alex Rios or Magglio Ordonez etc....

I like homer in the 5 spot, owings in the bullpen. That would be a better fit imo.

Be stupid to trade him ^^

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Stop rushing him. He's starting to turn the corner and he is still very young. Our current rotation is fine.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Homer to #5, Owings to bullpen, Cut Lincoln. As sad as that would be, Lincoln probably needs to be the first bullpen casualty this year.

It's two good starts out of like 4 or 5...let him do this for a couple months, then they can talk...

you know what homer did.

Homer cracked when he initially lost the spot. Went back to being an immature kid and his performance showed it.

But than when he saw owings was getting slapped left and right he turned his guns back on and now you see the results.

However Owings through a great game yesterday. After yesterday he bought himself a few more starts.

Nice recovery from Bailey since his being thrown out of that one game. He could have lost it after that
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    It's two good starts out of like 4 or 5...let him do this for a couple months, then they can talk...
    Exactly. Not to mention that Maloney has better numbers in triple A right now.

The gushing and wanting to rush (gushing and rushing) Bailey just make me want to puke every time.

If he has the stuff, why does he post like an e.r.a. over 7.00 every time he comes up and pretty much in triple A too?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Stop rushing him. He's starting to turn the corner and he is still very young.
    That tune is going on 2 years.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you for now. But at some point if he doesn't make it up here, he transforms from being a prospect into something else.

I would be curious to know what everybody here at RZ's timeline is for Bailey. At what point do you label him a bust or career minor leaguer or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    I would be curious to know what everybody here at RZ's timeline is for Bailey. At what point do you label him a bust or career minor leaguer or whatever?
    I don't know at what point I'd label him a bust, but the age of 22 is certainly not that point. The ESPN culture has made people super impatient. If he comes up in his mid-20s as a solid contributor I'll be perfectly pleased.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I think he's better then Arroyo and Owings right now
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Its a hard one to call with Baily.At 22 you still have to say that there is a ton of potential.Trading him could however yield a nice return.We do have some needs on the Big league team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_RedsFan View Post
    I like homer in the 5 spot, owings in the bullpen. That would be a better fit imo.

Be stupid to trade him ^^
    If you put Owings in the bullpen you take away his ability to pinch hit and I think he is the best right handed bat off the bench.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?