Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Should Laynce Nix get more playing time?

Re: Should Laynce Nix get more playing time?

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Okay so are we now back on Laynce Nix or does the thread jack continue
    Well the last time I looked the title of this thread was "Should Laynce Nix get more playing time?".
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Well the last time I looked the title of this thread was "Should Laynce Nix get more playing time?".
    And then it went sideways as much as any thread ever could without some one tossing in a recipe:
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Does anyone have a projection for Laynce Nix if he were to get a full season of ABs? I'm looking for average, obp, slg, homers, stolen bases, etc projected over a full season based on him being healthy.

Of course I'm doing this looking to recreate in The Show because his ratings are extremely low.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Does anyone have a projection for Laynce Nix if he were to get a full season of ABs? I'm looking for average, obp, slg, homers, stolen bases, etc projected over a full season based on him being healthy.

Of course I'm doing this looking to recreate in The Show because his ratings are extremely low.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74707

Code:
    Player	AVE	OBP	SLG	OPS	ISO 	k%	BB%	XBH%	wOBA	Def/150	Run/600
    Nix	0.258	0.313	0.455	0.768	0.197	25.7	6.7	39.2	0.331	-1	12
    This would be what his counting stats would look like over 600 PA's base upon that projection:

Code:
    PA	H	1b	2b	3b	hr	R	RBI	bb	ibb	k	hbp
    600	143	87	28	3	25	69	80	40	0	154	5
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Thanks JoJo.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Gotta admit, Laynce Nix is one guy I was wrong about. I wanted him replaced with just about any out of work vet lefty bat. Nix has been good so far. I'm in the camp that wants him in LF against RHP (though I still think Dickerson will prove valuable). Pop is a good thing.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Made a couple of pretty nice catches tonight.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Made a couple of pretty nice catches tonight.
    Yea, I noticed that too...he's not supposed to be a great defender, but he sure looked good tonight. That play at the wall was a tough one too...he timed it just right. Laynce Nix for GG!!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

I think Nix is at least average as a defender. Maybe even slightly above. He's definitely not a liability out there. With that said, he looks atrocious at the plate against LHP. But as a platoon guy, I think he does the job just fine.

Turn Off Ads?