Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Do you realize at.........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do you realize at.........

12-10, we're the 4th best team in the NL?

Re: Do you realize at.........

We might be the 4th best team in the NL this year.Our pitching won't be great every night but great 2 out of 3 nights could get us to 90 wins.

Wow.....I think I'm really starting to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post
    We might be the 4th best team in the NL this year.Our pitching won't be great every night but great 2 out of 3 nights could get us to 90 wins.

Me too....:

I was just about to post something similar.

Even though its early, and so far this year has been a roller coaster of sorts, We are leading the Wild Card Race right now.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post

Me Too

The Tiger...
    The Tiger!
    Go Reds!

So what's our magic number? Is it too early to start a countdown?
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

I'll feel better if some of our offense, like Brandon Phillips, Jerry Hairston, and Alex Gonzalez get on track. I think we've been fairly lucky so far this year. When we lose, we lose big usually, but in close games we've won most of them so we've been fairly fortunate.

AVG R OBP SLG OPS SB
    .236 82 .317 .371 .688 12
    15th 14th 13th 16th 16th 10th

Those stats and NL rank are disturbing. I thought the offense would be unspectacular this year but not THAT bad

I'm not sure I think Hairston will ever start hitting again. 1/2 a good year and the Reds pay him a couple mil. But we'll see.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Seems like we never put together a 5 game win streak though do we?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Seems like we never put together a 5 game win streak though do we?
    Yeah, I want to see the same thing. Extremely doubtful that will happen with the pitching carrying the day. (4/5 or even 3/5 is acceptable though).

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Yeah, I want to see the same thing. Extremely doubtful that will happen with the pitching carrying the day. (4/5 or even 3/5 is acceptable though).
    I'm just hoping for that 3 out of 5 most of the time with the occasional 5 or 6 game winning streak mixed in or 8 out of 9 after we lose 2 in a row.

I mean your right, 3 out of 5 is .600 ball and that is exceptional especially for a young team. But I just want us to be the team who makes the jump a year ahead of time I feel like we are close on some days.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I will have to disagree with that mostly because of my optimism. I agree that if they hit like they are right now, they are going to have to have 5 stellar pitching performances in a row to get a winning streak going, but like the Cowboy said earlier on the radio, look on the back of these guys' baseball cards and you know they will hit. The guys who are slumping have hit before and they will be fine again this year. If the pitching keeps doing what it is doing, and then all of a sudden the offense wakes up, I can easily see this team ripping out a 7-10 game winning streak.

Quote Originally Posted by $1 Hot Dog View Post
    I will have to disagree with that mostly because of my optimism. I agree that if they hit like they are right now, they are going to have to have 5 stellar pitching performances in a row to get a winning streak going, but like the Cowboy said earlier on the radio, look on the back of these guys' baseball cards and you know they will hit. The guys who are slumping have hit before and they will be fine again this year. If the pitching keeps doing what it is doing, and then all of a sudden the offense wakes up, I can easily see this team ripping out a 7-10 game winning streak.
    You mean just like Duhhhsty said of Corey Patterson last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

With our pitching staff we should win more series than we lose. If our offense turns it around we could be pretty tough to beat.

Turn Off Ads?