Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the Cardinals?

What do you think of the Cardinals?

They're 17-7.

I was looking at their losses, and it's pretty impressive. They have been blown out only once, 10-3. Otherwise, they lost by 3 once, by 2 twice, and by 1 run three times. They are pretty much in every game. Interesting. They've held opponents to 2 or less runs 9 times, and 1 or less runs three times.

By comparison, the Reds have been blown out 10-2, 9-3, 7-0, 7-2, 10-2, and 8-3, that's 6 of their 10 losses. They've lost by 1 run twice, 2 runs once and 3 runs once. Kinda do or die for the Reds. But the Reds pitching staff has held opponents to 1 or less runs in 7 of their games. And they've held them to 2 or less runs in 10 of their games.

The Cards offense is 1st in the NL in batting average (.285), third in the NL in HR's (28), first in rbi, and second in OBP. Pretty impressive. Their pitching staff has the second best e.r.a. in the NL. Wow.

Okay, I'm impressed. At first I thought it was just a case of having some early hot hitting going on, but they seem to be the real deal. They have both pitching and hitting, where we just have the pitching.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Re: What do you think of the Cardinals?

Pujols/Ludwick make an excellent 1-2 combo. Course Pujols/Phillips would be awesome as well as long as Pujols is half the combo:
    Anyway, with guys like Duncan, Ludwick and now the Barton guy, they have an excellent offense.

Their pitching is the kind that doesnt scare you and yet, the Loshe's and Pinero's & Franklin's keep getting it done.
    Carpentar is a Huge bonus if he can stay healthy.
    While the cubs pitching appears better on paper, I think STL has the better offense and is better overall.

I'm still convinced the Cubs are the team to beat in this division. I don't really think they have a weakness anywhere on their team, while the jury is still out on the pitching for St. Louis. We're ahead of the Cubs right now, and if we stay ahead of them, I think we'll have a real nice season.

I think their pitching is somewhat of a mirage. Their greatest strength is that they don't give up the long ball and they don't walk too many hitters. But, they have given up the most hits in NL and eventually that catches up to you.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

They always pick up junk pitchers who have career years there as starters, its amazing. I wish we could get Dave Duncan as a pitching coach, whatever he does its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    They always pick up junk pitchers who have career years there as starters, its amazing. I wish we could get Dave Duncan as a pitching coach, whatever he does its crazy.
    HGH factory?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Mediocre on paper, but exceptional on the field as usual. Testament to LaRusa. Have the best hitter in baseball. They're legit and the team to beat in our division. All the other teams in our division including us I'm afraid are mediocre.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

StL is the bomb,---as long as Pujols is there. I can't wait to see how the Reds pitching holds up against StL, and how the Reds bats perform against the Cards pitching.

I hate em, they poop on my windshield, are too loud in the morning with their cute little chirping routine, and they are the state bird so you get in trouble if ya kill em.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Lohse 4-0?

Cubs are still the best team in the division but the Cardinals aren't going to just go away, the Reds will have to play extremely well to compete for the wild card

the pitching is going to cool off but they have a very good offense

I think we might be getting to the Cardinals at a good time. They haven't cooled off all season yet. It is bound to happen soon and I can see that being the case by May 8th. I think we match up well with them because good pitching can beat good hitting any day of the week. I'm not worried about their pitching. They have a low E.R.A. only because they have been good at wiggling out of jams but they have let up the second most hits in the NL and we have let up the third fewest. If they are letting up hits and getting in trouble it's going to catch up to them soon.

I hate the Cardinals!!!

Believer since 1981

Im just too lazy to look, but what have they won games by? You cant judge run differential just by the games you lose. What are the difference in the games they win?
    Bowman Card Collector

Turn Off Ads?