Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of the Cardinals?

Re: What do you think of the Cardinals?

Based on yesterday's game results I believe....

Cardinals=Pujols+Smoke+Mirrors.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    I hate the Cardinals!!!
    I agree. That sums it up for me. There are very few things in life I hate more than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

What do I think of the Cardinals?

The Cardinals are getting great pitching, and they have Albert Pujols.

Cardinals will find a way to stay neat the top in the Central as long as LaRussa and Pujols are there. That said, they dont have the pitching to keep this up. Everyone on their staff would have to have a career season for that to happen. And its not like their bats are stellar either. Ludwick and Duncan are the wild cards and they have been hot. But time will tell if it keeps up.

I agree with whoever said the Cubs are still the team to beat.

I is beginning to look like the wild card is going to come out of the central. Reds will have to beat the top teams in their division this year... including the cardinals, to have any shot at the playoffs this year.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    They always pick up junk pitchers who have career years there as starters, its amazing. I wish we could get Dave Duncan as a pitching coach, whatever he does its crazy.
    It's called *drugs* sweetheart.

I'd dearly LOVE to see how many of the Cardinals players, especially pitchers, who are on that "legal" ADHD drug list.

We all know they threw Whiney Weaver on those drugs, it was announced in the St Louis paper. and look what happened with him. Then the legal list suddenly jumped from something like 23 to over 100 the next spring training.... I found it amazing the Weaver made it through Babe Ruth, high school, college, minor league ball, and how many ML teams *before* his alleged ADHD was "diagnosed". And look at Lohse. He crashed and burned with the Reds AND with the Phillies, yet is World Class with the Cardinals.

I fully admit I am completely biased. I want to and do expect the worst of the Cardinals all the time, I hate them with a complete and total passion. but even the people with the rosiest colored glasses have to admit that there was something fishy with Weaver, and very possibly Lohse.

Listening to the Stl game on radio since Reds arent on yet and Ludwick just left game with what seems like a hamstring injury. He's some serious protection for Pujols !

Yeah, the game notes say Ludwick left with a strained hamstring. The Pie-rats are taking it to the Redbirds right now, 7-1. Of course, that lone run? A Pujols solo shot. Wellemeyer got crushed in 4 innings of work.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Cardinals starting pitching doesn't really scare me. They needed Carpenter to be good for them and be an ace. He's on the DL of course. They're going to be in for a dogfight with someone in the central. Hopefully us.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

What do I think of the Cardinals? Not much of the team, but they have bar none the best baseball fans in the world, and they also have a great stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What do I think of the Cardinals? Not much of the team, but they have bar none the best baseball fans in the world, and they also have a great stadium.
    Sox and Cubs fans would beg to differ, but they're all just fags.

Go Reds!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?