Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts

Haunted by walks

Random Thoughts

Johnny Cueto is pitching like the kind of guy the other guys always used to seem to have.

Small ball really only works for teams with lights-out pitching and no other choice, like the Maury Wills-led Dodgers.

Now that the Cowboy has explained OPS, maybe he'll talk about BABIP or PECOTA next.

When future games are broadcast in 3-D on your own living room holodeck, the game you want will still be blacked out.

Are the Reds buyers or sellers?

Wouldn't it be cool if a RedsZoner could be the second-inning chat guy in the booth?

What kind of fans would we have been in 1975-76? Obnoxious or gracious?

If you won the lottery, would you buy a luxury suite, Diamond seats, or lots of cheap seats for all your friends?

Which sport represents the most useful real-life skills? Hitting a rock with a stick, tossing a bladder into a basket, or or carrying a bladder across an arbitrary line?

If you were the manager, what lineup move would we be giving you the most grief about?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Random Thoughts

I wonder what was going through Jason Varitek's head today when Carl Crawford stole 6 bags against him?

While watching today's game was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon, who's day wouldn't have been more fun if they would've been part of a pickup game with their buddies/friends/loved ones instead?

There are a few people from my life that I pine to just have a catch with again.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    While watching today's game was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon, who's day wouldn't have been more fun if they would've been part of a pickup game with their buddies/friends/loved ones instead?

There are a few people from my life that I pine to just have a catch with again.
    Absolutely. Given the choice between watching and playing; I'll play almost every time.

FSN is switching their cameras to panoramic lenses so that they can more adequately cover BP's range.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Which sport represents the most useful real-life skills? Hitting a rock with a stick, tossing a bladder into a basket, or or carrying a bladder across an arbitrary line?
    All watched by people filling their bladders with mood-altering liquids. And just to make sure they don't forget, their are regular ads on for the options of what kind of liquid to fill their bladders with.

Pay attention to the open sky

When future games are broadcast in 3-D on your own living room holodeck, the game you want will still be blacked out.
    Ain't that the truth?

If you won the lottery, would you buy a luxury suite, Diamond seats, or lots of cheap seats for all your friends?
    Outstanding question, and perhaps worthy of its own thread.
    Last edited by macro; 05-04-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Yes
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

All dyslexics must untie!

Obnoxious to Dodger and A's fans

Gracious to Pirate, Phillies, Red Sox and Yankee fans\

tossing a bladder into a basket...be green...recycle
    Never overlook the obvious

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

MegaMillions was a $225M jackpot last week. I'd have been thinking about a 10% stake as an owner.

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

And would the longtime Reds fans have been complaining about the "Pink Hat" fans that just jumped on the bandwagon and head out to Riverfront because it's a social event?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

That hits home. What I wouldn't do for a hot afternoon in the sun at the sandlot, with my brothers and our friends. Pitcher's mound out, five pitches per AB, and hits to RF are an automatic out. Unless we have enough kids to field the right side, too.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    And would the longtime Reds fans have been complaining about the "Pink Hat" fans that just jumped on the bandwagon and head out to Riverfront because it's a social event?
    Probably, I know for a fact that the New York fans were aghast at the sudden show of woman with their large hats in the early 20th century, it created a back lash against them that included digs that are straight out of the pink ball cap arguments being generated today in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    That hits home. What I wouldn't do for a hot afternoon in the sun at the sandlot, with my brothers and our friends. Pitcher's mound out, five pitches per AB, and hits to RF are an automatic out. Unless we have enough kids to field the right side, too.
    One day a few years ago me and my buddies got together and did just that. We went down to ball field with about 8 guys and played with metal bats and a tennis ball for hours. It brought me back to the days where we would wake up at 8 am and play baseball for hours and hours.

I sure paid for it the next day. I forgot how taxing that kind of baseball can be.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Pitcher's poison, RF is closed, and if you hit the runner with a thrown ball, he's out. Steal bases at your own peril.

We'd play till we got too hot and then go next door to the pool. Do some swimming, flex our pasty-white little biceps, try to be cool by diving of the high dive, suck in your stomach while walking past the local talent. Go back and play some more baseball.

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?