Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 International signing period

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2009 International signing period

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Kiley McDaniel says the Reds were one of the teams heavily interested in Guillermo Pimentel at the beginning of this year but halfway through the year he suffered an injury and now it appears he'll sign with the Mariners or Rangers for $2 million.
    What was he asking before the injury if $2M is the 'lowered' price?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What was he asking before the injury if $2M is the 'lowered' price?
    He's been asking for $2 million all along. The injury wasn't too serious. I think it was the same injury as Alonso has. After Pimentel injured himself, he went into hiding for a while and many teams thought that meant he had a deal struck with another team so they backed off. It turns out he was just letting his hand heal. After all that, it appears he's down to the Mariners or Rangers, though his agent is letting it be known that he's still available.

By the way, Wagner Mateo turned down a $3 million offer from the Cardinals. Bad decision, IMO. He's a good player but scouts think he'll have to move off CF and they're not sure if he has enough power to make an impact at a corner outfield spot.

I'm hearing Chrisopher Cabrera, Max Kepler, Jose Pena, could all sign with the Reds if Walt offers enough money. I'm also hearing Kepler wants a $1.5-2.5 million bonus, Cabrera would like $ 3 million and Pena would also like somewhere between $ 3-4 million but I think it's well worth that money to sign all three if you look at their raw talent.
    Last edited by travisgrimes; 06-23-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post
    im hearing chrisopher cabrera, max kepler, jose pena, could all sign with the Reds if Walt's offers enough money... im hearing kepler wants a $1.5-2.5 million bonus, cabrera would like $ 3 million and pena would also like somewhere between $ 3-4 million but i think its well worth that money to sign all 3 if u look at their raw talent.
    I don't mean to pile on or anything, but can you at least capitalize guys names and words that start a sentence? It probably wouldn't hurt to type out you either. It just makes everything so much easier to read.

Sorry I got so used to typing short-hand talking to friends online it kind of just got turned into a bad habit. I will try from now on to type normally so it's easier for you guys to read. I really do apologize though.

Sorry I got so used to typing short-hand talking to friends online it kind of just got turned into a bad habit. I will try from now on to type normally so it's easier for you guys to read. I really do apologize though.
    No biggie, it's important to have information, but the easier to read the better.
    Thanks for letting us know what you know.

I'm hearing Chrisopher Cabrera, Max Kepler, Jose Pena, could all sign with the Reds if Walt offers enough money. I'm also hearing Kepler wants a $1.5-2.5 million bonus, Cabrera would like $ 3 million and Pena would also like somewhere between $ 3-4 million but I think it's well worth that money to sign all three if you look at their raw talent.
    Where do you rate these guys talent wise???

Top 50 in the MLB draft type guys?

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Where do you rate these guys talent wise???

Top 50 in the MLB draft type guys?
    Its so tough to rate guys like these in terms of the draft market, simply because of their rawness in terms of actual baseball skills. These guys are drafted purely on athleticism and potential. They are high school sophomores who really aren't playing a high school schedule. Most of them also haven't had the best nutrition growing up either and have a lot of filling out to do.

From Ben Badler:

Some scouts telling me 16 year-old German OF Max Kepler is the best prospect they've ever seen from Europe

http://twitter.com/BenBadler

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    From Ben Badler:

Some scouts telling me 16 year-old German OF Max Kepler is the best prospect they've ever seen from Europe

http://twitter.com/BenBadler
    With all due respect, who is the competition?
    Go BLUE!!!

With all due respect, who is the competition?
    Are you disrespecting Robert Eenhoorn?

The Reds are among the finalists for Christopher Cabrera.

So to be clear: #Yankees, #Red Sox, #Reds and #Padres are finalists for Dominican P Cristopher Cabrera

http://twitter.com/jorgearangure

From ESPN's Jorge Arangure:

Have heard #Reds mentioned with VZ SS Humberto Valor

Scout on Humberto Valor: "best position player prospect in VZ." Athletic, advanced approach at plate, hard contact line drive stroke.

Hopefully the Reds can sign him.

If they sign Valor, I think that would end talk of signing Marrero or Perez. While I would like to sign one of the Miami kids, I'd be happy with getting the best position player prospect in Venezuela two years in a row.

Bobby Abreu, Magglio Ordonez, Miguel Cabrera, Edgar Renteria, Carlos Guillen, Victor Martinez- there's been some pretty good position players to come out of that part of the world.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-30-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?