Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds at Marlins Series (5/4-5/5)

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Reds at Marlins Series (5/4-5/5)

A short 2 game set between the mighty Redlegs and Flounderin' Fish.

Reds 13-11, .542, tied for 2nd in Central
    Marlins 14-11, .560, 1st in East

Probables:
    Monday 7:10
    Aaron Harang, RHP (2-3, 3.09)
    vs.
    Josh Johnson, RHP (2-0, 2.60)

Tuesday 7:10
    Edinson Volquez, RHP (3-2, 4.45)
    vs.
    Chris Volstad, RHP (2-0, 2.67)

More notes to come....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Reds at Marlins Series (5/4-5/5)

I want them both, badly. But I think most likely we'll see a split seeing these two strong and good righthanders. One game we'll be shut down completely and the next we'll get to them a little bit. I'm glad we're facing two really good pitchers. It's a good test for our young hitters. Good to see where we're at with this measuring stick.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

wow.

Who thinks we dont score more than 3 runs for the series>?

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    wow.

Who thinks we dont score more than 3 runs for the series>?
    Dont just stop there, who thinks the two teams will score more than 5 runs total for the series?
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Seems like each round of the rotation so far, either Volquez or Harrang has gotten roughed up.

So I agree, we will probably split the series. Win one 1-0 and get blown out in the other one.

Which will further mess up the math. If you win all of your games 1-0 but lose all of your games 2-9, what does THAT do to the Pythagorean Theorem?
    Last edited by Fon Duc Tow; 05-04-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Another night where it is important to take pitches and make the other pitcher work. These guys are both young and like all young pitchers prone to bouts of control problems. If we can get into that bullpen I will really like our chances.

Marlins were my preseason favorites to win the NL. They have very solid young pitching, and we're gonna be seeing the best of it in Johnson and Volstad. Obviously, I'd love to see us take both but I dont see it happening on the road. I think our best shot is tonight with Harang going. Johnson gave up a couple in New York in his last start. As always, we need to get on him quick. I know EV can give us some good innings tomorrow, too, but for some reason I still cant trust him before a start.

My prediction: 1-1. Head home for the Central series at 14-12. I'll take it.

It just sucks, it seems like every series the reds face the opposing teams best. I think the last pittsburgh series is the first series this year where the reds haven't faced the opposing teams #1, you can look it up. Missing Maholm is the first break this team has had this year. The other 3 pitchers in the rotation have a combined ERA around 5.50 by the way, and of course that's who the Cubs got to face and sweep. The only answer is god hates the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    It just sucks, it seems like every series the reds face the opposing teams best. I think the last pittsburgh series is the first series this year where the reds haven't faced the opposing teams #1, you can look it up. Missing Maholm is the first break this team has had this year. The other 3 pitchers in the rotation have a combined ERA around 5.50 by the way, and of course that's who the Cubs got to face and sweep. The only answer is god hates the reds.
    I have noticed that, too. But usually the aces we face are going against our best arms, too. Thats the case in Florida today and tomorrow. We are throwing our Nos. 1 and 2 against theirs. Teams usually try to ensure that their ace will be facing the other team's ace. Its been happening a lot this year. Harang was squared off against some nasty guys.

I really think the Reds are going to suprise us and take both games, my prediction 1-1 but I won't be suprised one bit if they take both games.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_RedsFan View Post
    I really think the Reds are going to suprise us and take both games, my prediction 1-1 but I won't be suprised one bit if they take both games.
    Didn't leave yourself much room for error there did ya?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Didn't leave yourself much room for error there did ya?
    It is possible that the Reds lose both of these. Then again, the Reds could surprise and take both games. My prediction is that they will split the series.

In other news, there is a 50 percent chance of rain today. But mother nature could surprise us and bring sunny skies instead.

I'll bet if you flip a coin it will land on heads. But I have seen situations where the coin lands on tails, so you really can't rule that out either.

I really think it will land on tails. But youre right: you never know...

Turn Off Ads?