Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Formula for success: REDS are Second in NL in OPS Against.

Formula for success: REDS are Second in NL in OPS Against.

I'm satisfied that OPS Against is good enough to use as a singular measure of potential success for winning games in the National League.

Currently the REDS are 2nd in the NL in OPS against. If they could have scored a few more runs, they'd have more wins. But, OPS Against is something the team can count on from week to week. We have the pitching and defense that is going to make this team a contender on July 1st and also on September 1st.

What a season this is going to be be. By far, it's going to be my favorite season since 1995.

I'm not satisfied with just 85 wins, but I'm looking forward towards a playoff race during the last two weeks of September this year.

Our OPS against is going to be among the Top-5 in the NL all year long, and that assures me that we will be cheering for the REDS in late September.

The current OPS' Against in the NL:

Dodgers...............(.675)
    REDS....................(.701)
    Braves..................(.712)
    Cardinals...............(.713)
    Brewers................(.719)
    Mets....................(.722)
    Giants..................(.729)
    Pirates................(.731)
    Marlins.................(.735)
    Padres..................(.756)
    Cubs....................(.757)
    Astros..................(.779)
    Rockies.................(.815)
    Nationals...............(.828)
    Phillies..................(.873)

That's not a misprint with the Phillies. They really have an OPS against of .873!

Our next 7 games are FLA-FLA-Mil-Mil-Stl-Stl-Stl-Stl. So, those are some good pitching staffs we'll be facing. Expect our victories to come from low-scoring games over this week.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Formula for success: REDS are Second in NL in OPS Against.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'm satisfied that OPS Against is good enough to use as a singular measure of potential success for winning games in the National League.

Currently the REDS are 2nd in the NL in OPS against. If they could have scored a few more runs, they'd have more wins. But, OPS Against is something the team can count on from week to week. We have the pitching and defense that is going to make this team a contender on July 1st and also on September 1st.

What a season this is going to be be. By far, it's going to be my favorite season since 1995.

I'm not satisfied with just 85 wins, but I'm looking forward towards a playoff race during the last two weeks of September this year.

Our OPS against is going to be among the Top-5 in the NL all year long, and that assures me that we will be cheering for the REDS in late September.

The current OPS' Against in the NL:

Dodgers...............(.675)
    REDS....................(.701)
    Braves..................(.712)
    Cardinals...............(.713)
    Brewers................(.719)
    Mets....................(.722)
    Giants..................(.729)
    Pirates................(.731)
    Marlins.................(.735)
    Padres..................(.756)
    Cubs....................(.757)
    Astros..................(.779)
    Rockies.................(.815)
    Nationals...............(.828)
    Phillies..................(.873)

That's not a misprint with the Phillies. They really have an OPS against of .873!

Our next 7 games are FLA-FLA-Mil-Mil-Stl-Stl-Stl-Stl. So, those are some good pitching staffs we'll be facing. Expect our victories to come from low-scoring games over this week.

Yeah, I've been considering the fact that our toughest road to hoe may be in our own division, since the Cards, Astros, and Pirates have good pitching squads. If we can compete with them, our pitching should hold these other teams more at bay........and we should be able to hit better against the other teams since they aren't near the top in pitching.
    Who's on first?

Turn Off Ads?