Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Pirates 5/3/09

Reds vs Pirates 5/3/09

Beautiful day here in Chicago, so I'll be watching this one on DVR tonight. Enjoy and bring us a victory!!

Cincinnati

W. Taveras cf
    C. Dickerson lf
    J. Votto 1b
    B. Phillips 2b
    J. Bruce rf
    R. Hernandez c
    A. Rosales 3b
    A. Gonzalez ss
    J. Cueto p

Pittsburgh

N. Morgan lf
    F. Sanchez 2b
    N. McLouth cf
    A. LaRoche 1b
    B. Moss rf
    A. LaRoche 3b
    J. Jaramillo c
    B. Bixler ss
    J. Karstens p

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs Pirates 5/3/09

I see today is another "find our stroke" day

Note from Fay:

Dusty Baker said he considered moving Rosales up to the second spot. "But somebody hitting down there is important too. You get a chance to drive in a lot of runs with two outs. Let's take it one step at a time. Initially I had him up there today.'

---

I'm not even going to touch that...

Jeff Karstens is awful. Hopefully the Reds score plenty of runs against him...

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Jeff Karstens is awful. Hopefully the Reds score plenty of runs against him...
    The Marlins beg to differ. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=290421123

I think we'll score off him too, but he does have some skill on the mound.

Not EVERY pitcher can be "good". 17 times in 23 games this year, the opposing pitcher has a quality start against the Reds. I am sorry, but they have to find a way to score runs off the Jeff Karstens of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Not EVERY pitcher can be "good". 17 times in 23 games this year, the opposing pitcher has a quality start against the Reds. I am sorry, but they have to find a way to score runs off the Jeff Karstens of the world...
    They might not have to score many off Karstens because of the way Cueto's been pitching.

Right. But they need to. This team has to find a stride where they do some damage early. They can't always count on their starters being nails. Starters will have off-days themselves, for the Reds. The offense has to be there to cover those times, on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Right. But they need to. This team has to find a stride where they do some damage early. They can't always count on their starters being nails. Starters will have off-days themselves, for the Reds. The offense has to be there to cover those times, on occasion.
    They scored 6 runs and had 14 hits yesterday. Sounds like a good start to this striding you speak of. I'll take 6 runs and 14 hits today!

For those of you non-DirecTV folks, are you getting these games on HD? I don't know that one of the last five or six has been on HD for DirecTV users. George made some cryptic apology for "some users" not getting the game in HD last night, but gave no context.

There have been a majority of these in non-HD for me this year, which is weird. I have the baseball package, and can tell you that HD is pretty much the standard for almost every other team...

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    They scored 6 runs and had 14 hits yesterday. Sounds like a good start to this striding you speak of. I'll take 6 runs and 14 hits today!
    Yes. They did.

But three of those were late (better late than never). Ohlendorf still had a quality start. 17 for 23.

For what its worth, there are now only 2 hitters in the Reds lineup who are batting under the Mendoza line. Phillips at .192 and Gonzo at .197.

High five!

No HD here.

High five!

Chat is open.

Taveras flies out to center. 1 out.

Turn Off Ads?