Hernandez 2,
    Rosales 5,
    Gonzalez 6,
    Harang 1.

vs. RHP Johnson.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Reds vs Marlins 5/4/09

I'd be at the game, if not for this business trip. Darn!
    This is the only trip they're making to Miami this year, I think.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I'd like to have seen Nix in LF tonight. Play the hot hand.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'd like to have seen Nix in LF tonight. Play the hot hand.
    But at the same time, Dickerson's going to be an important part of the club and we've got to get him on track...that means playing time. It kinda goes both ways I think. If he doesn't play, he'll never get into a groove.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    But at the same time, Dickerson's going to be an important part of the club and we've got to get him on track...that means playing time. It kinda goes both ways I think. If he doesn't play, he'll never get into a groove.
    I don't mind playing Dickerson for a stretch, but it is too much to assume he will be an important part of this club. One good Sept does not a career make in the bigs. I'm not rooting against him at all, but he's got work to do before I pencil him in as a key part of this club. I'm rooting for you Chris.

Janish still languishes on the bench...

And I mentioned this in the Misc. Updates thread re: Dusty not moving Rosales up in the line up...Dusty says, "He's (Rosales) isn't a taker yet." You're right, Dusty, he only ranks at 17th in MLB in pitches seen per PA. Obviously, you're right, as always :banghead:

That said, I hope AGon proves me wrong and isn't a black hole of despair in the lineup. Go Reds!

Regis threw out the first pitch for the Marlins tonight. If that doesn't gurantee a victory, I don't know what does.

Traveras made the first out and Dockerson grounded to the SS who threw the ball in the dirt for an error and Dickerson was safe.

One on one out.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Janish still languishes on the bench...

And I mentioned this in the Misc. Updates thread re: Dusty not moving Rosales up in the line up...Dusty says, "He's (Rosales) isn't a taker yet." You're right, Dusty, he only ranks at 17th in MLB in pitches seen per PA. Obviously, you're right, as always :banghead:

That said, I hope AGon proves me wrong and isn't a black hole of despair in the lineup. Go Reds!
    Seriously, I don't understand why anybody tries to actually take meaning from Dusty. He doesn't even follow what he's saying half the time.

Let's win this game Reds. Keep the winning road trip.

Why can't we just put Votto and Bruce back to back?

Top of 1:

It always feels like home plate is so far away since the camera is so far away. BTW, there is no one at this game.

Willy T takes a strike and then bounces to the 3rd baseman Bonifacio. 1 out

Dickerson bounces to Rameriz. Cantu can't out the throw. Should be an error on Rameriz. It is. We'll take it.

(Johnson throws to 1st; Dickerson refuses to slide in; like last game) (He throws over again Dickerson just in, he half slid this time but got in)

Replay looked like Dickerson was out.

Votto slams one into right on a line. Single, Dickerson moves to 3rd.

Phillips plllllease don't ground into a DP. (Side not: Johnson throws 97, that's gas, folks)
    Phillips half swings and the balls hit him in the hand, but he swung. Willy May Hays would do that. BP fouls off the next pitch, shakes his hand. It is certainly bothering him.
    Phillips then K's swinging. Ball was off the plate 2 out

Bruce quickly falls behind 0-2. Votto got a nice jump for a steal but Bruce flies to CF. 3 out.

Made Johnson throw pitches at least.

After a 1/2, Reds 0 Marlins coming to bat.

No output from your cleanup hitter and don't take advantage of 2 on 1 out situation by striking and popping out. Sounds like SOP to me. I pray that Harang is on tonight.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 05-04-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Phillips had a legit complaint on that called 3rd strike. Looked considerably inside to me. Gameday agrees too.

Missed an opportunity there. But getting guys on base early is a good sign.

How badly was Phillips hand hurt? Does Hairston play 2B if Phillips is removed from game?

Turn Off Ads?