Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Least Favorite Beer

Re: Least Favorite Beer

Old Milwaukee Light. Together with White Castles...well you get the picture

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WILD THING View Post
    I just graduated from college this past month, and we were having a party at our house for one last hoo-rah. We had a few kegs, but one of our friends felt the need to bring a six pack of a special beer for us all to split for celebration. Well it turned out to be the absolute worst beer I've ever tasted. It was Old Leghumper from the Thirsty Dog Brewing Company. He says he bought it for the name, and I wouldn't recommend buying it for the taste.. that's for sure.
    I liked Old Leghumper and it actually has a pretty good reputation among the "beer snob" crowd. I'm guessing you don't care for midcrobrews and craftbrews?

The Beast and Steel Reserve are both pretty bad IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    The Beast and Steel Reserve are both pretty bad IMO.
    I was just going to say 211..

Terrible. I've drank it once...

Once.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I can drink about any beer but there are some really bad ones.

Stoneys - A Pennsylvania beer that really sucks. I think it's made from muddy water from the river that runs by the brewery.

Iron City - Good name for it as it feels like iron hitting your stomach.

Icehouse - Thought it would be good as it's brewed by Millers and was fairly cheap. Boy, was I wrong.

Burger - It was a good beer back in the 60's but it's rotgut now. Do they still make it?

Strohs - Used to drink it back in the 70's but they got bought out and changed the brew process and now it's really bad. Do they still make this?

Good Beers - Any German beer that's imported...Becks and Warsteiner come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver62 View Post
    Strohs - Used to drink it back in the 70's but they got bought out and changed the brew process and now it's really bad. Do they still make this?
    The Pabst Brewing Company makes Stroh's now.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Warm.
    A good stout should be served warm compared to most peoples standards and I enjoy them that way.

Worst: Anything from Miller, Bud, or Coors.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

RampantRedsFan

Nati Ice. Tastes like a 'nati with rubbing alcohol poured in it.

Any Fruit Lambic beer, specifically the Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic....

can't handle those super-fruity beers at all.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus_the_Red View Post
    Any Fruit Lambic beer, specifically the Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic....

can't handle those super-fruity beers at all.
    I had 2 of those in one of those variety 12 packs. I drank most of one and hated it. The other bottle went into a big pot of chili.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

ROLLING ROCK- what the hell happened to it ? Used to be a pretty good cheap beer .Had one not to long ago seems like it tasted like just about any A.B. product:thumbdown

It's interesting that some of the comments here incorporate the thought that 'it was good years ago, but......'.

I've noticed that my taste in beer, wine, food, desserts, etc. has changed as I've aged. I read somewhere that, like the rest of our body, taste buds change as we age and they pick up different flavors for better or worse. Maybe this is what's happening here.

I know that some foods I liked 20 years ago, I no longer eat 'cause they just didn't taste as good. Other foods from 20 years ago, that I didn't eat much, I now like. Maybe some of this is learned experience, maybe some of it a change in nutritional outlook but maybe, just maybe, the 'ol tastebuds have changed their focus. Same with beers and wines as with foods. (Who knew! Taste buds have a mind of their own! )

Rem

Milwaukee's Best and Burger = all-time worst.

I like the new Dundee brews well enough, at their price point ecspecially, but their Honey Brown still tastes like stale bath water, so I'm putting that up there on the recent list.

Bud Light and Budweiser round out the worst 5 beers ever for me. Their American Ale was a smart/obvious move, and is MUCH more tolerable, in fact I had it at a game recently and it was pretty good, for a cheap draft option.

Turn Off Ads?