Re: Least Favorite Beer

empty
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not a big High Life fan.

Worst beer I've had recently was Bitburger. I understand where they got the name now.

Worst beer ever though had to be the case of Schaefer Light we stole from the garage of a friend's dad. Warm, crappy beer is pretty disgusting.

Aside from warm beer, the worst beer I've had is a beer I had in college called "Glacier Bay." I thought I'd mentioned it before but a search turned up nothing. Anyhow, it was like $5 a 12-pack and came in bottles. The bottles never had the label on straight. The bottom of each bottle was recessed so you could pop open a "fresh" one with your empty.

The "day after" was not a pretty thing.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

O'Douls

On a serious note, several years ago I had a mexican beer that had a small pepper in the bottom of the bottle. It was purely hideous.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

High Life
    Beast Light
    Nati Light

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Aside from warm beer, the worst beer I've had is a beer I had in college called "Glacier Bay." I thought I'd mentioned it before but a search turned up nothing. Anyhow, it was like $5 a 12-pack and came in bottles. The bottles never had the label on straight. The bottom of each bottle was recessed so you could pop open a "fresh" one with your empty.

The "day after" was not a pretty thing.
    Big in the South brewed in Canada and bought out a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    I'm not a big High Life fan.
    That was the beer of choice in the 70's, bigger than Budweiser in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That was the beer of choice in the 70's, bigger than Budweiser in Cincinnati.
    Thank god I wasn't born yet. It's just too wheaty for me, I think. I dunno. I can't really place it but there something that don't like about it.

Icehouse is pure hell as well.

Budweiser pure and simple. For some reason that stuff burns my throat. I can't finish a can of it.
    I remember a gig where the club owner was so proud when he offered us Bud, thinking it was better than the usual swill we got. I think we drank 3 and one of the guys in the band went to the liquor store down the way and got us a 12 of PBR.
    Iron City is foul too.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    Thank god I wasn't born yet. It's just too wheaty for me, I think. I dunno. I can't really place it but there something that don't like about it.

Icehouse is pure hell as well.
    Yes, it's a beer past it's prime, crafted more in mid century palettes. I can barely get one down, Budweiser of course kicked their ads up mightily in the 70's and Miller swung there ad dollars to Lite and the High Life vanished for a long time, only to be brought back as retro answer to the questionable reemergence of the dreaded PBR.

If you're talking retro beers, I loved sampling my Dad's little brown bottles of Blatz. I still think those are pretty cool, but I can't say that I've seen Blatz anywhere lately.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yes, it's a beer past it's prime, crafted more in mid century palettes.
    Yep, High Life was my grandfather's favorite beer.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    If you're talking retro beers, I loved sampling my Dad's little brown bottles of Blatz. I still think those are pretty cool, but I can't say that I've seen Blatz anywhere lately.
    Blatz was the poor boy beer in Milwaukee compared to PBR and Miller, PBR bought them years ago and Miller now brews both (making the founders roll in their grave no doubt) , Blatz is pretty regional though.

Non-alcoholic.

Or empty.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Turn Off Ads?