Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Clev Trade Idea

Clev Trade Idea

Homer Bailey, Drew Stubbs, Juan Francisco for Jhonny Peralta and Mark Derosa

1. Willy Taveras
    2. Jhonn Peralta
    3. Joey Votto
    4. Mark Derosa
    5. Jay Bruce
    6. Brandon Phillips
    7. Edwin Encarnacion
    8. Ramon Hernandez
    9. Pitcher

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Clev Trade Idea

Dude you have to be kidding me. Mortgage the future with our 3 best non MLB youngsters possible for 2 guys who are servicable big league players but not much of an upgrade over what we have out there now IMO.

Unless you are a Cleveland fan, then it would make sense

I think the Reds sending that package (or part of) you mention above lands us a Holliday or someone of that caliber if/when the time comes.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

As Nancy Reagan would say........Just say no.

Bad idea. Sad thing is it would have happened in prior ownership.

No way.

If i were to trade someone to Cleavland, and it is a good idea seeing that Cleavland really needs pitching, I would go after Laporte. He could be the left fielder/ right hand power bat the Reds need. True, he is at AAA right now in Columbus, but I think he is the real deal. I would offer Owings or Masset along with Dickerson. It might take Bailey to get him though.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    If i were to trade someone to Cleavland, and it is a good idea seeing that Cleavland really needs pitching, I would go after Laporte. He could be the left fielder/ right hand power bat the Reds need. True, he is at AAA right now in Columbus, but I think he is the real deal. I would offer Owings or Masset along with Dickerson. It might take Bailey to get him though.
    Remember he was one of them that they demanded of Milwaukee to send in return for Sabathia. He's not going to come cheap. Unless we send 1 great prospect and 2-3 good to great prospects I doubt if Cleveland even considers it. Wed have a better shot at Ben Francisco on Choo than we would LaPorta.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

LaPorta is not available. He's their version of Jay Bruce or Joey Votto. Basically non tradable.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Think he got called up and hit his first homre the other day. I hope he makes it BIGTIME, I have a handful of his autographed rookie cards, and a couple signed balls
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

My bad i dont really follow the Minors so i dont know much about them

Take out Derosa and put in Sin Soo Choo and I might go for it.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

I think you guys are way overvaluing Bailey and Stubbs. Remember that Homer is a guy with an attitude problem who stinks every time he's brought up, and Stubbs has zero major league experience.

My first reaction to the proposal was not "we're giving up too much," but rather, "Cleveland wil never.go for it."

They need bullpen help now anyway, not a AAAA 5th starter. Maybe we could move Masset up there. Maybe.
    Last edited by nineworldseries; 05-06-2009 at 03:29 PM.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
    I think you guys are way overvaluing Bailey and Stubbs. Remember that Homer is a guy with an attitude problem who stinks every time he's brought up, and Stubbs has zero major league experience.

My first reaction to the proposal was not "we're giving up too much," but rather, "Cleveland wil never.go for it."

They need bullpen help now anyway, not a AAAA 5th starter. Maybe we could move Masset up there. Maybe.
    Peralta isn't an upgrade over the SS we have on the roster especially when talking defense. He may hit a bit more then AGon but he is a liability in the field. DeRosa I wouldn't take over Edwin to be honest. Not defensively or espeically offensive.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Turn Off Ads?