Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yawn...Reds lead the majors in ERA

Re: Yawn...Reds lead the majors in ERA

so there is a very realistic chance that this team could throw more shutouts than any other Reds staff since 1969? it still may be a stretch to catch the '73 Reds, but maybe not.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Also the only team in the majors to win 10 games on the road might I add.

The Dodgers are undefeated at home. When the Reds play them in L.A. something has to give.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

That's a west coast swing, meaning Cincinnati may not only lose, but get swept and have two or three guys get injured all while wives divorce husbands and pets get run over.

Those west coast swings have historically been absolutely brutal to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    That's a west coast swing, meaning Cincinnati may not only lose, but get swept and have two or three guys get injured all while wives divorce husbands and pets get run over.

Those west coast swings have historically been absolutely brutal to the Reds.

Well, it's 3 in L.A. then 3 in CHI. Next week's going to be the big west coast swing with 3 in AZ then 3 in S.D.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Wow, Johnny Cueto is 4th in MLB in Game Score Avg (64)...impressive!

High five!

It's interesting because the Reds' staff is middle of the pack in K/9. I would've thought them to be much closer to the top 5 than that.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I just wish we could put it all together. For nearly ten years, we had awesome hitting and no pitching. Now we have awesome pitching and sub par hitting.
    Before reading this thread I would have said the same thing. Now I just think the Reds of the past ten years weren't terribly good at anything. So, yeah, it's nice for them to be really good at something now--no matter how fleeting it might end up being.
    Last edited by RedEye; 05-06-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Last individual Red to lead the league in shutouts: Tom Seaver, 1979, tied with Joe Niekro (HOU) and Steve Rogers (MON).

5 shutouts, but back when many more pitchers had more complete games.
    Last edited by Far East; 05-06-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Before reading this thread I would have said the same thing. Now I just think the Reds of the past ten years weren't terribly good at anything. So, yeah, it's nice for them to be really good at something now--no matter how fleeting it might end up being.
    They were really good at disappointing all the fans uniformly.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    They were really good at disappointing all the fans uniformly.
    You make a good point. I stand corrected.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    It's interesting because the Reds' staff is middle of the pack in K/9. I would've thought them to be much closer to the top 5 than that.
    And they usually end up higher than that, well at least last year. No quest-tec or the opposition should come down very soon?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    Classic, here's my favorite movie line to cover these kind of situations:

If the Reds ever lead the league in pitching ERA, I foresee only one possibility: the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

It's kind of what Packer fans are feeling about seeing Brett Favre wearing purple?
    Last edited by gm; 05-06-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Classic, here's my favorite movie line to cover these kind of situations:

If the Reds ever lead the league in pitching ERA, I foresee only one possibility: the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

It's kind of what Packer fans are feeling about seeing Brett Favre wearing purple?
    Great Scott Marty, what will we do?
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 05-06-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You still watch Baseball Tonight?
    Exactly. Try the MLB network...MLB Tonight. Their coverage is TONS better IMO. Lots of indepth insight too.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    It wasn't until this past week that we started racking up the K's. Up until then the whole staff was really behind in that department. But it was okay, we made up for it with extra walks. *grin*

Turn Off Ads?