Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yawn...Reds lead the majors in ERA

Re: Yawn...Reds lead the majors in ERA

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It was fun while it lasted. I would assume they lead the league in ERA no longer...
    10-4. Who knows how many slots that dropped them?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

We were not the only team that suffered today. San Fran, #2 in ERA going into today gave up 11 runs, so we stay ahead of them.
    #3 Kan City gave up only 1 run tonight so they will move to 1st as the #4 Dodgers have also given up 1 run through 4 innings. If they can keep from giving up more than 7 runs they too will pass us by.
    #5 Pitts gave up 4 runs tonight and they will also pass us by, #6 Seattle gave up 9 tonight and will stay below us. #7 Oakland has given up 3 runs through 5 innings and will probably not catch us. It looks as if we end the day at #4 in ERA.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Don't wake me up.
    OK, who woke me up??
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    Oakland has given up 3 runs through 5 innings and will probably not catch us. It looks as if we end the day at #4 in ERA.
    Make that #8.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Pitching was due for a correction, and of all the candidates to swing the pendulum back, Arroyo was as good as any.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Janish is killing our team ERA.

All dyslexics must untie!

Last night's pitching performance reminds me of a chapter title from a Western Civ textbook

"Return to normalcy"
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Last night's pitching performance reminds me of a chapter title from a Western Civ textbook

"Return to normalcy"
    At least nobody was at GABP to actually see it....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Thanks a lot jinxies.

Having the best overall ERA in MLB for a day is fun, what the Reds ought to be after is to finish the season with a better than average ERA in the NL. That would be a tremendous gain for the franchise.
    Last edited by M2; 05-07-2009 at 03:28 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

High five!

Due to the nature of homonyms, the title of this thread will always be true!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Due to the nature of homonyms, the title of this thread will always be true!

That's the metal, not the past tense.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Having the best overall ERA in MLB for a day is fun, what the Reds ought to be after is to finish the season with a better than average ERA in the NL. That would be a tremendous gain for the franchise.
    Well, after tonight, the Brewers will be in front of the Reds, so that's one more team in front of the Reds. I think the Reds have plunked their team-ERA-ceiling and are headed down for a bit. They'll be lucky to plateau at about average in the NL.

As far as little victories, it only matters if they are able to repeat it (or better yet, best it) next season.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    That's the metal, not the past tense.
    If this keeps up, it will be strangely appropriate though!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    As far as little victories, it only matters if they are able to repeat it (or better yet, best it) next season.
    True, you've got to repeat it a few times before you can consider it a permanent improvement. I was just noting that a passable pitching staff would be a relatively huge improvement for a club that gives up 800+ runs a year.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?