Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The shutout

Re: The shutout

I haven't heard anyone complaining about Dick Pole lately. maybe Maddox was right.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The first 40 games of the season are very difficult to manage. You have to get all of your players playing time so that they can be ready for the Summer grind. Deciding when to play guys and when not to takes an experienced Manager like Dusty, and his reasons for doing what he does only partially has anything to do with what's going on in the game at that moment.

It's a marathon, as they say. You can't say one move is wrong, or one move is right at the time Dusty makes it, because we don't know all of the reasons that went into making it. Sometimes it's personal for one or more players involved, and quite often, it's instinctual, that only Dusty Baker knows why the move(s) need to be done.

I'm trusting Dusty on this that his decisions are going to be the right ones.

I'm just happy as heck that there's no Corey Patterson around to be involved with any of these decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I haven't heard anyone complaining about Dick Pole lately. maybe Maddox was right.
    Leiter and Larkin were "kind of" complimenting him last night.

Some people may care about a specific pitcher leading the league in Complete game shutouts, I am not that person baseball is a team sport. It is pointless to bring your starter in an extra inning just for to look good and take the chance of an injury. I am liking what I am seeing because the WHOLE pitching staff is producing 0's on the board.

Turn Off Ads?