Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Levi Jones released!

Levi Jones released!

From CNNSI

CINCINNATI (AP) -- The Cincinnati Bengals have parted ways with Levi Jones, terminating the contract of their starting offensive tackle and former first-round pick.

The move Wednesday was expected. He has been bothered by knee and leg problems in recent years.

Cincinnati took tackle Andre Smith of Alabama with the sixth overall pick in last month's draft.

Jones' agent, Ken Zuckerman, had said the Bengals told him in March they planned to trade or release him.

The Bengals selected Jones 10th overall in 2002. He played in 94 games for Cincinnati, missing final six games last season because of an injury.

He got a six-year extension before the 2006 season, which was the last on his previous contract. He was paid $21 million over the first three years of the deal.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Levi Jones released!

Sad end to a pretty good run with the Bengals. He was awesome before he got injured a couple years back. Then he got misdiagnosed by the Bengals and it's completely ruined his career. It's amazing how bad the Bengals medical staff is. Levi, Chris Perry, and others have really had their careers altered due to poor decisions by that staff.

I wish Levi well. It's too bad he's not here and healthy because this team could really use another solid offensive lineman.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Re: Levi Jones released!

This is currently being discussed in this thread.

Turn Off Ads?